1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

what are grand gatherings?

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World' started by eeyoreguy, Aug 16, 2008.

1. eeyoreguy

eeyoreguy Earning my ears

Ive seen them mentioned in some trip reports but no idea what they are?
  2. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

It's the gathering of a group, can be friends, and or family. There are minimum requirements, and I'm not positive how small the group can be. Seems like I read somewhere it can be as few as 8?

You select what you want to do, dessert and drinks at one of the viewing spots for Illuminations? Something else? Pay and enjoy.
  3. Taja

Taja Earning my ears

The minimum group size is 8, and 75% or 80% have to be staying onsite at one of the WDW resorts. They don't have to be at the same resort.

There are several events available. Johnie was nice enough to let Leu and I crash their Grand Gathering in 2006 and we thoroughly enjoyed the Wishes Pirate Cruise! :)

There is information on the official Disney site. I have dial-up and the site is graphics intensive, so I avoid it as much as possible! :lol:
  4. luvthemouse

luvthemouse My nickname is DANGER

For our upcoming trip, we're doing the Safari Celebration Dinner grand gathering. I believe that we're using a dinner credit (or two) for this experience, since we have the free dining..