1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

What are the crowds like right now...

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World' started by Isafari, Aug 15, 2008.

1. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

... at the parks? In the future, we may need to go in the UK kids summer holidays. This is from the last week of July and maybe up to 3rd week of August.

We are used with going for the Christmas week and New Year week which is very crowded and often see parks reach their capacity. But...we then get a further week or two when the parks are quite quiet so that sort of makes up for it :lol:

I know the weather would be a lot different too.

Hopefully, it won't come to this.....depends if I can keep getting the time off work in the New Year. DH can add a couple of flexi weeks onto either a two week summer or a two week Christmas break so he is good either way.

What was the question again....I can waffle can't I?:lol:

2. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

It's not nearly as crowded as it is at Christmas. BUT, it's wicked hot, can be terribly rainy and stormy and there is always the possibility of a hurricane. Park hours may be shorter too.

3. PsychoAlice

PsychoAlice Resident Anarchist

Well being 7 miles from the surface of the sun does that!

4. Isafari

Wow, really! I thought they were the shortest when we normally go. AK 5pm closure, DHS 7pm etc......for some reason I thought the parks were open longer in the summer months.
    The heat woulg get to me too but, if it's the only time we may get in the future then, I'll suffer to see Mickey :lol:

5. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Depends on the time during the summer. :yes: Time periods surrounding the Fourth of July will have longer hours. As you move away from actual holidays they can (and often do) get shorter (but as you say, similar to the times you list). :yes:

Oh yes, not suggesting that if it's your only option you shouldn't visit! :eek: :D

6. Isafari

:lol: I would visit under any options!! If I had wings, I'd fly with cases strapped to my back and DH on a rope behind me :yes:

7. Debbie2

Debbie2 Speedy!

wouldn't go back end July/early August again. It was too busy. The later you go in August the quieter we have found it as the US kids have gone back to school. We have found the parks to be open late.