1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

What are your must do disney restaurants?

Discussion in 'Restaurants, Dining, Dining Plans' started by goofygal, Mar 21, 2010.

1. goofygal

goofygal Imagineer

hiya :wave: more questions :)

we have the free dining plan which I hope is a good idea :unsure: so need to decide how to use the credits now :tongue:

what are your absolute must do disneyworld restaurants either at the parks or the hotels and why do you like them? we really need some clues :hug2:
  2. Britchick

Britchick Serious Forum Regular

boma
    crystal palace
    le cellier
    ohana
    teppan edo
  3. Dawn

Dawn carpe diem-ing Forum Host

Well our must do is 50s Prime Time. It's not fine dining but it's a lot of fun.
  4. Britchick

oh yeah Dawn - i forgot about that. I like the theming and surprises and it's more like a home cooked experience. The smores are to die for, in fact a friend of mine ate so much of them he recoils when you offer him them!
  5. Deafjeff

Deafjeff Serious Forum Regular

Hollywood and vine (fantasmic dinner package) you get to seat at VIP seating area and it is fun watching the cast members stopping people trying to sneak in :)

The VIP seat is free by the way but you must request this when you book your table
  6. catrancher

catrancher Assistant Cruise Director Forum Host

Oh yeah! We love the 50's Prime Time. I have to have a peanut butter and jelly milk shake. Also love to watch people who've never been there before being told they have to eat their vegetables or they get to stand in the corner! :thumbsup:

Last time we went we were really disappointed in Le Cellier. The people at the table next to us had a wee lad who kept trying to kick my DW. They also refused to try to control him! Mom put his hands in time out for 10 seconds. Just his hands mind you. That was right before he slugged her! Dad just sat there and ignored the whole thing! And to top it all off, the service was horrible and our server was surly at best. Horrible, I tell you! :thumbsdown:

Tom :)macwave:... Mom always liked you best!)
  7. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

I'm too scared to try it :lol:

I can't tell you how many times I've seen/heard this.

Ten years ago, Le Cellier was a joy! you could walk up, get in with no fuss and the servers all really cared about everything. Couldn't get better food or service in EPCOT :yes:

Gradually it got more and more popular and then it's single credit status on the dining plan just blew the whole thing. For the last few years it's been so popular, so hard to book that I think Disney, the servers there and the whole attitude that exudes is one of "we're so good you have to beg us for a table and we don't have to try". Unfortunately now the menu is far less varied, lobster and other specials off the menu to avoid people getting it "on the cheap" with the dining plan. Far less care with the food and sadly, strollers everywhere, kids running wild and so on.

We've kept trying it but last TRULY good experience there... 2001/2002 I reckon :(
  8. catrancher

Wimp! :taunt:

Seriously, you should try it Keith! It's loads of fun! :thumbsup:

I'd have to agree with you on that! We used to love going to Le Cellier years ago. But now.... I think we're done with it unless there are some rather drastic changes.

Tom :)macwave:... I'll go visit Ricardo for my steaks now!)
  9. pigletpete

pigletpete Imagineer

what are these two please? I've heard them mentioned but dont know where they are or why theyre any good :sorry:
  10. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

My DW and I always enjoy dinner whenever we are in Florida, sometimes foresaking lunch so as not to spoil it!
    Sadly the standards have slipped at many of the on-site restaurants of late [hence we now venture further afield], but there are still a few that are still on our "must do" list for the times when we are staying on-site.
    In no particular order, these are:~
    Yachtsman`s Steak House ~ Best on site steakhouse, and we know one of the servers there very well.
    Flying Fish ~ Good food in a great location on the Boardwalk
    Narcoosee`s ~ Great location to view the MK fireworks, although the service can be a bit "hit and miss"
    Citrico`s ~ The food presentation is excellent and it has a more "adult" feel, plus, again we know one of their servers which helps.
    Artists Point ~ Great food and an ideal location away from the main park areas
    Bistro de Paris ~ Again great food and the ability to see Illuminations either before or after dinner
    Blue Zoo ~ A bit pricy but great for that special meal
    V & A`s ~ La creme de la creme of restaurants, although not always visited each time we are there, but the perfect spot for that celebration dinner.
  11. catrancher

'Ohana is located in the Polynesian resort. I haven't eaten there but have heard good things about it. Here's the link to the Disney information on it:

'Ohana

Teppan Edo is in the Japan pavilion in EPCOT. We've eaten there once and I enjoyed it. Haven't been back however since my DW is not a big Teppan-yaki kind of fan. Here's the Disney link:

Teppan Edo

Tom :)macwave:... now I'm hungry!)
  12. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Add me to the wimp list! :eek: No way am I venturing into Prime Time 50's Cafe! :lipwobble: We do stop for a drink once in awhile at the attached Tune In Lounge. :yes: No abuse there. But the service is pretty poor anymore...

We are in keeping with Slowhand's comments. Things have fallen off markedly at WDW since the advent and continued use of DDP. :shrug:

We didn't even renew our TIW card this year for the first time since it's inception. :cry2:

However, we do enjoy dinner at Yachtsman's Steakhouse, Bistro de Paris, and for extremely casual dining (especially with a group of folks who have a wide variety of preferences) Cape May's Dinner Buffet.

Jiko is nice, but has slipped since the loss of their Executive Chef Annette... :( We really didn't like Sanaa at all. :sorry:

Boma, meh. Been there, done that... changes have made it less than the experience it used to be. Totally underwhelmed at their breakfast buffet at our last stay. :sorry:

Gosh, not too much positive from me, is there? :sorry:

I guess I've been around too long and remember the days when the servers were happy to see you and the chefs truly cared about what they were serving...

Oh! Artist Pointe is a lovely place. :yes:
  13. catrancher

Oh yeah! :thumbsup: :yes:

Oh yeah! :thumbsup: :yes: (did I just repeat myself?)

Tom :)macwave:... agrees with Slowhand!)
  14. Britchick

in V&As - if you don't want the wine parings do they offer any other soft drinks? i get bored of bottled water and wouldn't want to drink a soda!!
  15. Slowhand

Being the type of place it is I`m sure that they would offer you virtually anything that you fancied to be honest.
  16. Britchick

something like Elderflower presse?
  17. Slowhand

Hmmm, dunno about that one! :lol:
  18. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

I don't know that it would be included free, but there's a full range of soft drinks available for sure :yes:
  19. Dawn

Dawn carpe diem-ing Forum Host

Phone them and ask. :thumbsup:
  20. Britchick

i may well do that! thanks