1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

What attractions have you never done?

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World' started by Deb, Oct 26, 2011.

1. Deb

Deb Serious Forum Regular

When planning for next year's trip I realised there are a few attractions we haven't ever bothered with. I guess they just haven't attracted me in the slightest!

In MK they are:
    Tiki Room
    Swiss Family Treehouse
    Liberty Square Riverboat (I think this one is more the timing - it was being refurbed the last two times we went)
    Monsters Inc Laugh Floor
    The Speedway

And in DHS:
    Playhouse Disney (don't even know the characters!)
    Sounds Dangerous
    The Voyage of the Little Mermaid (sorry Josh :surrender: )

I was wondering whether anyone else has always missed certain things out? :unsure:
  2. MystikPiglit

MystikPiglit Peace, Love and Mickey Mouse

You should definitely go on the Riverboat, it's very relaxing. The Swiss Family Treehouse is quirky with a fab view from the top.

The only attractions I have missed are ToT, Test Track, RaRC etc because I don't like that type of ride. I think I've pretty much tried everything else. I am, however, still trying to coax DH into the Tiki Room... :wink: He still hasn't recovered from IASW. :whistle:
  3. lisaw

lisaw Serious Forum Regular

I did the Tiki room this year after vowing never to go in there again (it was raining very hard at the time!) honestly I think I would rather have sat outside in the rain, it's not even comfortable enough to fall asleep although DH and DS managed much to the amusement of the people around us! :lol:

I think I have done pretty much everything apart from Sounds Dangerous - not sure why that one has been left out. Some I will never do again, Stitch because it is just a complete waste of time (and I LOVE Stitch) and Monsters Inc because I have come out of there once unscathed and I won't try my luck again, anything with the fear of my face appearing on a screen does not make for an enjoyable experience for me!
  4. Beccaberry

Beccaberry She's beccalicious! Forum Host

Hmmmm...I feel like there are more, but the only two that come to mind immediately are Astro Orbiter and Tomorrowland Speedway.

Oh wait, I've never done Goofy's Barnstormer either.
  5. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

I've never been on Tom Sawyers island
  6. Dawn

Dawn carpe diem-ing Forum Host

Astro Orbiter. Seems like a lot of fuss over a basic hub and spoke ride. :shrug:

To those of you who question the existence of Tomorrowland Speedway I say - you have to ride it with a small child at the wheel. Only then will you understand why it simply has to be there.:thumbsup:
  7. Mari

Mari Serious Forum Regular

Havent done Stitch.. did it when it was Alien encounter, but dont think Ill do it again any time soon, Goofys Brainstormer, The magic carpets of Aladdin, Tom Sawyer Island

I do remember doing the Treehouse and Riverboat ride on my first trip, and finding them, ummm, boring?? :unsure:

Havent done Voyage of the Little Mermaid, but its on our MUST do for this trip, having a mermaid in the making at home ;)... Actually, I think I have managed to miss half of the attractions at Hollywood Studios, I find that park in particular hard to manage/understand.. dont know.. always feel like I end up buimping into the end of it, hahahahaha...

And I didnt do the Everest ride last time, because I was pregnant with Natalia, but I do want to do it this time around, and if we have time, take the train in AK to the Conservation Station and petting zoo

So.. the only park where Ive been on ALL rides (some of which dont even exist anymore) is Epcot :)
  8. Watchinherskip

Watchinherskip Better known as "That Guy"

What a great question!:yes: This sort of makes one take stock...hmmmm

Ok, never did Dumbo ( I know right?), Teacups, Speedway thing, Aladin's flying carpet thing. See a trend....spinning = bad.

We love Astro Orbiter though....great memories with my daughter on a very cool (maybe cold) afternoon in January. The sun was setting and it was a gettin cold on it.

Don't think we did the riverboat either.

Like other never did the Playhouse Disney thing. We did do Sounds Dangerous, ehhhh no need to do it twice. The sound effects show was better what was it Sound Studio or something...

We like the Tiki room...what is wrong with us Boy'o? Think I was orginially at the 1964 World's Fair in NY with my mom and visited it then. I do remember its a small world from that fair.
  9. Britchick

Britchick Serious Forum Regular

The memories of this ride are some of the best i have. It's a classic and I hope they never get rid of it, a cars theme would be cool!

I've never been on Tom Sawyers Island, Swiss family treehouse and some gairy things ie RnR, ToT and and Everest.
  10. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

Yep, children like to "drive". I recall this type of ride was one of my favorites when I was little.
  11. Kate

Kate Serious Forum Regular

Think it would be quicker for me to say what i have done rather than what i havent done! Theres sooooo much we need to do on our future trips (that incidently arent even in the making yet - but they are being planned in my head! :lol:)
  12. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Let's see, I think we've done them all in MK, at least once. EPCOT, the same... AK, haven't done Pocahontas believe it or not! :eek: DHS, Haven't done RocknRoller... nor any of the shows other than Beauty and the Beast. Not a huge fan of this park. :sorry:

I guess in the long run, we've tried nearly everything!
  13. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Serious Forum Regular

The carousel :( I need to go back.... even though I said Never Again! After Christmas there lol. I just won't go back at Christmas time tis all....... :surrender:
    Don't get me wrong I LOVED it but the crowds :( Oh me oh my.....:unsure:
  14. Beccaberry

OOH! Also never done "Flights of Wonder"
  15. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

There are quite a few that we've never done, neither of us are really that fussy :lol: I can't do Tom Sawyer Island or the Treehouse because of mobility problems and fast rides are a no no as well :lol:
  16. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Becca, we really enjoy Flights of Wonder. We are both bird freaks though. The premise of the skit is pretty silly, but the birds are glorious. :yes:
  17. Beccaberry

You know, the kids often ask to come back to it when we're hurrying off to some other attraction, and then we always forget. Perhaps this year we'll make a point to return!