1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

What disney WOW moments have you had?

Discussion in 'General' started by disneymom, Jun 16, 2011.

1. disneymom

disneymom Imagineer

Im advising a couple of friends on future Disney trips and I want to make sure that they get a few Disney WOW moments.

For me it was seeing the castle for the first time from the ferry and getting closer and closer until bursting onto main street and WOW.

Wishes is a close second.

What Disney WOW moments have you had?

2. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

Well, Wishes certainly is a WOW moment. But I think the biggest for me has been the first trip with our granddaughters in 2001 and celebrating the oldest's 9th birthday and being picked to be Grand Marshalls at MK

3. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

Well, this is a difficult one, the first "wow moment" I had was when I walked into the Magic Kingdom for the first time. I just stood there looking at the castle and burst into tears - I couldn't believe that I was actually there. I'll never forget that time.

There have been two other moments that will stay with me forever - when we took a friend's daughter to BBB to become a princess, I never thought I'd get the chance to do that, not having children, and it was completely magical for her and me, she was absolutely adorable. We went to 1900 Park Fare for dinner with Cinderella afterwards and she danced with Cinderella.

The other time was when we went with friends to The Pirates League and their little one became Captain Jack Sparrow - it was another magical moment that will stay with me forever, just seeing his face was priceless. He was then picked to be in the show with Captain jack :)

4. BUTTERHEAD1

BUTTERHEAD1 Addicted to Mickey

My favorite all time moment was about 10 years ago when my son was 5 years old. We were in Frontier Land watching the late parade. It had just stopped raining and the park wasn't very crowded. Snow White was coming by on her float and it came to a stop right where we were standing. Snow White came off of her float and walked over and planted a kiss on my sons cheek. He was inabsolute heaven. There was a lipstick mark on his face that he refused to have cleaned off. It really was a magical moment for all of us.
    That same year we were at Fantasmic and my son had on his Sorcerer's hat and a matching cape. He was "doing magic" by using his hands and lifting the water and fighting the evil doers just like Mickey was doing. We have that moment on video.
    There are too many WOW moments to list. That is why we continue to spend our vacations at WDW and hopefully will be able to do so.

5. ukwdwnut

ukwdwnut Director of Recruitment Forum Host

my absolute all time wow was on our very first trip back in 2000, lauren was 14 and michael 11. and it was when we were standing at the top of main street looking down to the castle. what a magical feeling, but what topped that was looking down at their faces and seeing the look on them, and how excited they were. it brought the hairs on the back of my neck to stand on end and a lump to my throat, also a tear to my eye. that is something i will never ever forget :D

i still get the same feeling looking down main street at the castle every trip. you just cant beat it :D