1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

What do you do at the airport?

Discussion in 'General' started by keith, Oct 3, 2010.

1. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

Yeah ok smarty pants, you get on a plane :slap:

but I mean, do you have any routines? shops you must do, restaurants you must eat at? ways to make the time go more quickly?

I used to like the lounges but they seem to be letting more kids in than ever before which just annoys me :( recently we've been going to get a breakfast and somehow the time goes pretty quickly before we're queuing up to board.

Do you enjoy the hustle bustle or would you rather it be a more relaxing experience?

2. malcolm

malcolm Villa Owner

Well we go to get breckies after security check and then a wander round the shops, then take a seat, headphones on-Ipod on and snooze till i get the usual poke in the ribs from nearest and dearest to say stop snoring time to go to gate.

3. Kate

Kate Serious Forum Regular

We seem to eat, sit around, eat a bit more, have a wander round the shops, buy some water and some nibbles for the plane and then its usually close to boarding time!

4. daveann

daveann Addicted to Mickey

We tend just to find some where as quiet as we can and people watch if someone with kids comes near we move sorry to people with kids but been there done that now I want peace :)

5. Kate

Kate Serious Forum Regular

Im not offended - over excited children drive me insane, even my own - at times if i could move away i probably would! :lol:

6. robertcraig

robertcraig Serious Forum Regular

Airdrie, North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    I have used the sky lounge at glasgow the last 2 years ifind it quite relaxing especialy this year when ihad a 4hr delay. as apremium passenger with thomson you get into the lounge at sandford.you get 2 freedrinks either beer or wine,order mealsand watch films or live football also internet available

7. catrancher

catrancher Assistant Cruise Director Forum Host

I do the same as George Carlin used to do at airports.

I look for spies! :ROFL:

Tom :)macwave:... you know there's a spy at the airport!)

8. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

We do bagdrop then head off for a bacon sarnie. A look around duty free, pick up extra water to drink on the flight, then go find a seat and read until it's time to board.
    I'm on a mission next trip though - I want a particualr perfume I had a sample of in Epcot so I want to see if it's cheaper at the airport.

9. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Serious Forum Regular

Oh I LOVE the airport, I love going shopping and I smell nearly all the perfumes until my head buzzes and I can't remember which one it was that smelled good. I have to go back and re sniff and then I make a purchase. We look at the sunglasses and the watches and anything else I can clap my lil eyes on! We mostly look and keep me away from the books. Usually we hardly have any time left until we board, I don't know where the time goes it just slips by :( I must get there earlier than the usual three hours beforehand.

As far as I'm concerned my vacation has started!

10. BUTTERHEAD1

BUTTERHEAD1 Addicted to Mickey

I have a tremedous fear of flying so I rarely fly but when I did there was some self medicating :bigwine:(alcohol) going on.

11. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

I find that the time goes very quick whenever we use the airport and we follow the same [boring] routine each time.
    After security, it`s a walk through the duty free shop so my DW [or rather I !]can buy her "must have" perfume and sun protection, followed by a period of just lounging around.
    As we have been able to get good deals on UC for our last few trips [including our next one], we go to the UC lounge which is a bit more "child free" than the one that VA use for their PE passengers, and after a couple of drinks and a bit of a read of the newspapers, it`s then time to board the plane.

12. foreverducky

foreverducky Addicted to Mickey

I hate flying now a days. It's not the flight that bothers me (even though I do get motion sickness). Flying is a pain now and I find that the people who work there, really do despise their jobs.

But I usually just get through security, find my gate, and blop my behind in a chair until it's time to board.