1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

what do you do for breakfast at disney?

Discussion in 'Restaurants, Dining, Dining Plans' started by mgmrach, Oct 4, 2008.

1. mgmrach

mgmrach Imagineer

Do the resort food courts do a nice breakfast or do most people go off site to ponderosa or somewhere like that?

2. Dawn

Dawn carpe diem-ing Forum Host

We do some of each. All Stars food court did a decent breakfast for us, sometimes we ate breakfast when we got to the park, and sometimes we ate offsite - usually Perkins, never Ponderosa.

3. Dorothy

Dorothy Smiley Herder

We're not much on eating breakfast, but the food courts do a pretty good job of it at the values.

4. Britchick

Britchick Cast Member

we never get a proper breakfast in a food court/restaurant. The kids have cereal and fruit and we have coffee! we will then have an early lunch say 11.30/12. On the occasion that we have had breakfast i will get the lates available table for the breakfast service and we don't then have to have lunch either. I think they serve until about 10.30am

5. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

We always stay on site and either eat at the food courts or in one of the parks, sometimes throwing in a character breakfast.

6. Taja

Taja Earning my ears

We usually do a grocery stop and I eat a bit in the room. I've learned my body functions better with a little food at the beginning of the day--despite my dislike for breakfast! :lol: Leu usually doesn't eat breakfast.

During free dining in 2006, she did, however, have breakfast a couple of times in the PC food court. She tried a scrambled egg plate and an omlette (spelling?) and pronounced both good, but not quite as good as she would make. Not bad for a food court!

I tried the Pop Century waffle plate. Keep in mind that I'm not a fan of breakfast food. It was okay. My main complaint is the maple flavoured syrup. I like pure maple syrup on my waffle or French toast. The artificial stuff is too sweet. If I think I'll use the food court for breakfast in the future, I'll bring a small bottle of my own syrup! :lol:

7. PsychoAlice

PsychoAlice Resident Anarchist

I got addicted to those egg and bacon crossaints that you can get everywhere....

8. Watchinherskip

Watchinherskip Better known as "That Guy"

Usually we are trying to get my DD (teen) and nephews (aged 4 and 8 at the time) up and moving. Usually don't have a proper breakfast (unless a character breakfast). Usually we stop at one of the counter services in the park for a coffee, tea and some sort of muffin. That usually holds us until we have a nice lunch.

9. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

We don't typically eat breakfast. If we're staying on-site, we either eat in the food court or have a table service breakfast (Whispering Canyon has a great one!)

10. Beccaberry

Beccaberry She's beccalicious! Forum Host

We usually sleep through it.

11. lisaw

lisaw Serious Forum Regular

Breakfast is my favourite meal of the day on holiday, we either do character breakfasts or places like Boma and Kona Cafe - occasionally we will get pastries or a platter from the food court or go offsite to somewhere like Cracker Barrell. We always eat breakfast early and get to the parks before opening. :)

12. Rosie0610

Rosie0610 Imagineer

We do a bit of eating in the food courts or bringing/buying cereal bars and eating in the room. My DH likes to eat so usually it's pancakes and eggs and potatoes in the FC!

We can easily split one of those meals they offer. Although this year I had to share with Brady (DS) and DH got some begnets as we were at POFQ! Yummy!