What do you do on your first and last nights?

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World and Disney Springs' started by goofygal, Jul 6, 2009.

1. goofygal

goofygal New Member

this is always an argument with us :lol: I like to go to the magic kingdom on the first night and just chill on the last perhaps at epcot but the others always want a meal at chef mickeys on the first night when Im half asleep

what do you like to do when you get to disney?

2. wdwgrandma

wdwgrandma Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Software tester
    We usually spend our first full day at MK. Depending on how long we are staying, it may also be our last stop before leaving. It just depends.

If we arrive at WDW midday, we check into our resort, unpack a bit, and then head to DTD. There's usually a margarita there calling my name!

3. ukwdwnut

ukwdwnut New Member

IT Manager/Support
    as we always stay in a villa we always unpack and go food shopping at walmart

4. Isafari

Isafari Moderator Staff Member Moderator

As we don't normally arrive in Orlando until after dark, our first night is usually spent shopping at Publix then a dip in the pool.
    Our last night, I just have to be at MK for Wishes.

5. ukwdwnut

ukwdwnut New Member

IT Manager/Support
    our first full day has always been sea world its sort of tradition now :)

6. Mari

Mari New Member

boring
    we love doing MK on the first and last day...

but I think this holiday is going to be totally different :)

7. piglet

piglet Well-Known Member

clerical
    I'm with you on this one Diane, it has to MK watching Wishes and then slowly strolling down Main Street ( I hate that walk) and after going through the gates, turning round and taking a last look at the flowers before walking over to the buses and I always have a tear in my eye then. First morning is always Animal Kingdom. Don't ask me why, it's just tradition.

8. Isafari

Isafari Moderator Staff Member Moderator

On our last night, I start and cry at Wishes and have to fight to hold the tears on that walk down Main Street. To make it worse, Mickey is usually up on the train station waving goodbye :crywave:

9. weavers

weavers New Member

Domestic
    We stay in a villa unpack and go food shopping at walmart, If its not to late we do a quick trip to DTD or if we are tired just get a take away chinese and relax with a nice long drink at the side of the pool. On our last night we try to get back to epcot as we love the fireworks then back to villa for a relaxing time by the pool x

10. Mandy

Mandy New Member

On our first day we usually unpack and all depending if it's worth it we go to the park which is open the longest.
    One the last day we always go to the MK. :yes:

11. Bichonpoochies

Bichonpoochies New Member

I work for Royal Mail, the part of the business th
    Edinburgh, Scotland. The most beautiful littlest c
    Usually arrive late afternoon so it's unpack at the villa then off to Publix for food shopping. Ater that it's off to Olive Garden for tea YUM!

Last night usually spent crying into a beer!!!!

12. Shellyamc

Shellyamc New Member

Mommy and loving it!
    MK first full day and last night :yes: First night to say hello and last night to say goodbye. The first day it is usually late afternoon when we get there so we settle in and swim and have a nice dinner then the next morning we are ready to go!!

13. showells

showells New Member

Housewife
    :wave:We stay in a villa and arive late aftrnoon so the first night we will be unpacking, mark will be straight in the pool:yes:and then a quick trip to walmart grabbing something to eat on the way back to the villa for relaxing around the pool.
    On the last night it will probably be downtown disney and crying all the way back:unsure:

14. Debbie2

Debbie2 New Member

Wife, mum and full time carer for disabled son
    We stay onsite and tend to just unpack and have dinner in the hotel when we arrive. On our last day we arrange late check-out, have room service for breakfast, finish packing, have lunch in hotel and go the airport.

15. Jodie

Jodie New Member

SAHM
    First night it's unpack, grocerys (if staying in a villa) and chill. I couldn't arrange to go to a park, would get far too stressed if I had specific arrangments and then the flight was delayed!

Last night, drag the last day out as much as possible but no tradition. I don't have to pack as I empty the case totally when we arrive then pack stuff when we don't need it anymore.

16. Taja

Taja New Member

Great system, Jodie! I need to remember to do that! I'm always packing the night before returning home. :rolleyes:

We tend to arrive at WDW around 6:00 or 7:00 p.m, depending on our flight, luggage availability, etc. So we don't do much that night. The one time we made an ADR, we had to reschedule it, as our luggage was left on the tarmac at MCO for a very long time and we arrived at WDW late--and the computer system was down! :rolleyes: And that was with the ADR booked four hours after arrival time at MCO!

If I'm solo, first and last days usually are at MK. If I'm with Leu, they're usually at EPCOT. It depends on the arrival day, to a certain extent. I try to avoid MK on the weekend, and we frequently arrive on Friday. In that case, it's more likely to be EPCOT and AK on Saturday and Sunday, with MK on Monday--unless there's an MK EMH Sunday night! :D Not sure if EMH days are the same as they used to be, but we planned around those, as well.

17. Vixynne

Vixynne New Member

Middle school teacher of English & Literacy.
    Traditionally, we hit MK first--somehow it always seemed like we weren't really "there" till we'd seen Cinderella Castle. This next trip, though, I'm being outvoted; the kids want to do Animal Kingdom first. I think they've read or heard somewhere that AK is a great place to see in under a full day (we've watched that Disney Vacation Planning DVD umpteen times already--I think they have it memorized)...but I agree with others here, I always save final goodbyes for the Magic Kingdom. And yeah, we all cry a little...but on the bus/boat back to the hotel, we cheer each other up by talking about plans for the next trip back to WDW, or planning who to give which souvenirs to when we get home.

18. Tx_Belle

Tx_Belle New Member

Substitute Teacher, mainly for 7th and 8th grade
    Home Page:
    Definitely MK the first and last night.... and a couple times between. :tongue:

19. sunsetlakes

sunsetlakes New Member

Our first and last day/night is always manic, but goes something like this:

Arrival. Pick up car, sort out sat nav, drop in supermarket on way to villa to pick up a few supplies - stop at Subway and pick up a take out. Arrival at Villa is always exciting - we run around checking things out and then jump in the pool, the end of the evening is a glass of wine in the hot tub!

Departure. As with any homeowner, we are always doing bits to the villa - you can guarantee that the last day we are panicking as to whether we brought enough new towels, sheets, etc to last until our next visit. Should we really have supplied extra pool toys............... the list goes on!! So we normally do a last dash to Walmart with me in a panic. Of course we really do have towels bulging out of the cupboards and enough sheets to set up another couple of houses - but still I have to go through this panic each holiday................ Could be it's just an excuse to have a last minute shop though :sorry:

The days in the middle are lovely and we do exactly what we want, when we want and always wished we had booked another week or so :yes: