What do you do on your first day?

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World and Disney Springs' started by keith, Jan 13, 2015.

1. keith

keith Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Home Page:
    Now two parter this :)

What do you do on the partial day you arrive? For ukers that means usually mid-late afternoon...

And then what do you do on the first FULL day? traditions?

2. Tony G

Tony G Active Member

Villa Owner
    Home Page:
    First night, I'm always drained, although I get a burst of energy once I've landed.

I get a Flippers pizza and have a night in, basking at the fact that I'm in Orlando again. At some point, I'll go out Publix to do the food shop. I have no idea why, but I love doing the first grocery shop of the trip - feels like coming home, I guess. I've recently developed this strange habit of staying up really late on the first night, just revelling in my location.

The first full day I'm usually fixing things at the villa if I'm on my own. If it's with family, we've always done a park, although we've rotated which one. On our upcoming trip, we're starting with a villa day for the first time. It's the first time they're seeing it, so it'd be nice to give them some time to get acquainted.

One more variable - if we're taking someone who is unsure about thrill rides and is a little nervous, we start with a half day at EPCOT. We get there at rope drop, do Soarin', do Test Track and then Spaceship Earth on the way out, then spend the rest of the day in the pool. By the time we're leaving, the formerly-nervous family member is always yearning for more and there are no more nerves.

3. piglet

piglet Well-Known Member

clerical
    We usually take the late flight from Gatwick so don't arrive at the hotel till about 7.00 - 8.00pm. Get into the room, take a stroll round the Boardwalk and hopefully catch the high fireworks on the way round, then back to the concierge lounge or Martha's Lounge for a week sip of something alcoholic and then bed. Up really early the next day and unless it's EMH at MK we try and book Crystal Palace for breakfast. Spend the rest of the morning going on various rides and then back to the hotel for a rest round the pool.

4. robertcraig

robertcraig Well-Known Member

retired
    Airdrie, North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    As I go to St Augustine first usually arrive about 5 pm after check in an hour at the pool then go for a walk to the historic district have anice meal a beer at one of the bars on the bay and watch the world go by

5. robertcraig

robertcraig Well-Known Member

retired
    Airdrie, North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    My first day at Disney resort usually arrive at 9 am depends whether I get my room right away I usually have an ADR for the evening .i decide when I am there what I am going to do

6. Isafari

Isafari Moderator Staff Member Moderator

we usually arrive anywher between 5 and 7pm. Always go to Publix on way to villa and then maybe Chiles for a bite to eat. That's it because we are usually up and on the road on our first morning by around 7.45am on our journey to Busch Gardens

7. Wendy

Wendy Administrator Staff Member Administrator

The night we arrive is normally spent unpacking and then going to Publix for a shop. We will usually buy one of their delicious subs and then go back and relax.

The next day is usually a lazy start and then we go to DTD for a stroll and head to the Earl of Sandwich for lunch. In the evening we go to the Olive Garden for dinner and then depending on how we feel we may go DTD or the BoardWalk.

8. BUTTERHEAD1

BUTTERHEAD1 Well-Known Member

Retired NYPD Detective
    It really depends on what time we get into Disney. I like to start and end my trip with MK . If we get into Disney before 6-7 PM we will head to MK. I love the feeling I get when I come thru the "turnstile" and begin to walk up Mainstreet and the castle appears.

9. uscwest

uscwest Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Well we normally try to check in, then head to DTD where we hit the Margarita Stand, but alas, during construction the Margarita Stand is no more. :sigh::sad: Then, if is just the two of us we go back to the room, change into resort casual and head over to AKL, visit Victoria Falls and have dinner at JIKO. If we have grandkids then dinner is Hoop de Doo Revue.

10. Slowhand

Slowhand Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Retired
    As we normally don`t arrive until late in the afternoon or early evening, we just do some unpacking before heading to a local restaurant for dinner.
    The first full day is usually spent at DTD to get that "Disney fix" before we have dinner at the YSH with Ricardo.....yet another tradition by now!

11. Dawn

Dawn New Member

Get to villa then grab basics from Publix for the next morning, get some dinner from somewhere near by, quick swim in the pool then bed.

Next day it's always breakfast at Perkins at The Crossroads then straight to Walmart! Back to the villa for a couple of hours to get sorted out then after lunch we go to Downtown Disney for the rest of the day.

12. Watchinherskip

Watchinherskip Well-Known Member

Teacher/planetarium director
    :shocked:Whadya mean the Margarita Stand is closed!!:mental:Now they have gone too far!

Skip's get the first flight to Orlando in the morning. Short flight from VA. So we have most of the day. Depends upon when my brother and his family arrive (from PA) to get logistics down. Generally if we are they before we can officially check in, we leave bags and either go to the pool to wait on the other's arrival or if we get there around same time, check back and head out to the parks. Last time day one was AK. We find you can hit most of the things there on the first day and have full days for the other parks.