1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

What do you do on your first & last days?

Discussion in 'General' started by disneydiva, Jan 17, 2009.

1. disneydiva

disneydiva Earning my ears

Just wondering what everyone does especially ukers. We fly in late afternoon so dont know how tired we'll be and then evening flight but have to be out of the room by 11

What do you all do to get the most out of it?

2. Tinker

Tinker Earning my ears

coming back ... I've heard UKers can check their luggage somewhere at DTD and enjoy the marketplace or go off to a park .

3. Tink2

Tink2 Earning my ears

We're not really up for much on the day we fly in as we've usually spent about 14 - 16 hours traveling. Even though you'll arrive late afternoon it could be another couple of hours until you get to your resort and with the 5 hour time difference we're often ready to drop by about 8-9pm (1-2am UK time)

On the last day we leave our luggage with bell services and spend a few hours in a park & get some lunch before heading over to the airport in the afternoon

4. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

We're never too bad on the first day so we tend to spend an hour in the room having a small rest then up and about.

Traditionally we either do the Hoop Dee Doo revue show on the first evening or we'll go and get a glass of champagne and watch illuminations at EPCOT :D

The last day I admit we've yet to figure out really. We end up rushing around to get out of the room by 11 then often not really enough time to go anywhere but too much time to wait around. Last time we dropped our luggage and checked in at downtown disney which did give us the rest of the day free.

5. lisaw

lisaw Serious Forum Regular

The day we arrive it is uually fairly late afternoon by tghe time we get to the resort to we tend to get some dinner, check out the shop :lol: and the kids tend to go swimming while I unpack. I keep them up as late as possible as we will be up at even more stupid O'clock otherwise!

The day we leave :( We fly Virgin so check our bags in early at DTD and then we sometimes head to a park (not MK as we have a proper last day there the day before) for a few hours, get lunch somewhere maybe take a boat out at DTD. We head to the airport mid/late afternoon depending on return flight home.

6. Britchick

Britchick Serious Forum Regular

we're usually too tired to do anything the first night so just unpack and go and get something to eat then crash really. We will then be up early- which is a miracle for me lol

I get a bit nervous about missing flights etc so go to the mall on the way to the airport and check in nice and early.

7. PsychoAlice

PsychoAlice Resident Anarchist

LOL Lisa I call it stupid Oclock too...or half past stupid...

8. lisaw

lisaw Serious Forum Regular

:lol:

We see quite a lot of stupid O'clocks when we are at WDW :D

9. ieuanr

ieuanr Imagineer

First day - join the zombie patrol at Wal Mart 4AM local time.

Last day - EPCOT then whichever restaurant has been out favourite that trip - it was the totally excellent Macaroni Grill this tour.

10. Beccaberry

Beccaberry She's beccalicious! Forum Host

First day...quick nap and a swim if it's been an early morning....sometimes the evening at a park if we feel up to it....

Last day...mad dash to cram in as MUCH Disney as we can before heading to the airport :D

11. Mark_W

Mark_W Earning my ears

We usually arrive at the villa around 5-6 pm. Basically unpack nip down the road to Publix for essentials. Maybe a take-away then an early night and try to sleep beyond 5 O'Clock in the morning.

Leaving would hopefully mean dropping bags at DTD then back to the villa for a final chill then last minute things on the way to the airport around 4-5 pm.