1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

what do you do on your last day?

Discussion in 'General' started by goofygal, Oct 3, 2008.

1. goofygal

goofygal Imagineer

I wonder what every one does on their last day at disney. we always sit around the resort until the bus comes which is depressing :(

2. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

When we were flying in and out of WDW, we would spend our last (and often first) day at DTD. We'd stroll and pick up a few last gifts, have a meal if the timing were right, have a drink and soak in the last rays of sunshine we were probably going to see for some time!

3. Shogun

Shogun Earning my ears

We took our cases to the Virgin drop off at Down Town then headed across the road to Typhoon lagoon. Kept a plastic carrier bag in the flight bags (which were left int the car trunk) for the wet cozzies. Towels were rented so no problem with them.

4. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

We go to US. I'm always depressed on the last day and watching the Blues Brothers and Beetlejuice always brings a smile at the very least. We usually have to leave the park aropund 4pm.

5. malcolm

malcolm Villa Owner

Same as Tink realy... drop cases at Downtown then breckies at Golden Coral and back to villa to clean it then once all done we go back to Downtown for a last stroll arround and have dinner there then that horrible drive back to MCO.

6. disneymom

disneymom Imagineer

How does the drop off work Shogun? really enjoying the trip reports by the way, love all the photos

7. Shellyamc

Shellyamc Serious Forum Regular

We pack up our room and bring all of our bags down to the hold at the desk and then if we have time we head to the MK just to say goodbye. We pick one ride or show and then spend the rest of the time buying all the things we all of a sudden can't live without :p015:

8. Taja

Taja Earning my ears

Nothing.

Our flight home usually leaves late morning to early afternoon. And we arrive very late afternoon to early evening, so not much that day, either. :sigh;

We plan two travel days--one at each end of the visit and don't even consider them anything else. If we're able to do anything, it's a bonus!

9. lisaw

lisaw Serious Forum Regular

Last year was after our cruise so we drove from the port back to DTD - dropped off the cases, went to Fantasia Gardens and waited for them to open, played a round of golf drove to the Beach Club and had lunch at Beaches and Cream then drove back to DTD took a boat out rounf to OKW then did some last minute shopping and walked the full length of DTD and back then drove to the airport.

I can't go to a park on my last day as I always feel too sad leaving :( so our last park day is always MK the day before.

10. Watchinherskip

Watchinherskip Better known as "That Guy"

Well on our second to last trip, after checking out of the wonderful PORFQ, we had to say goodbye to my brother and his family. We had a bit to eat at Sassogula Boat Works ok..that is what the sign said..it was the food court, had our swim stuff on and went to the dragon pool. We spent a few hours there as our flight left later in the afternoon and just took in a few more hours of Disney. I kept looking up at the planes leaving from Orlando, wondering wich one my brother was on and being thankful for a great vacation and for a few more hours with my DW and DD at the pool.

11. Skywatcher

Skywatcher Chief Astronomer

Go to MK to say goodbye :wave: