1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

What do you do When Waiting in Line for a Ride or Attraction

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World' started by Wendy, Jan 21, 2013.

1. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

If there aren't fastpasses available and you have to join the line to wait to go on a ride or attraction, what do you do to occupy the time. I have seen some parents playing games with their children whilst they wait.

Hopefully the new interative waiting areas will help to while away the time.

As for us, well, we just stand there getting bored :lol:

2. Suebeattie

Suebeattie Addicted to Mickey

When we've been before we would just stand getting bored.
    Would love some tips on keeping an 18 month old entertained in the queues though if anyone has any :)

:wiggle:

3. wdwgrandma

wdwgrandma Addicted to Mickey

I try to pay close attention to what's around me, and I take lots of photos. We chat, about the ride, where we are having dinner, what we may have, etc. We are seldom bored!

4. Wendy

Mari will probably be the one to answer that one for you :lol:

Or reading text messages from loopy people getting excited because there are new things open at the Magic Kingdom :lol:

5. wdwgrandma

wdwgrandma Addicted to Mickey

So true Wendy! Or sending excited texts with pictures to friends not so lucky as I am to be at my favorite place! LOL

6. foreverducky

foreverducky Addicted to Mickey

We talk to others in line, as well as, talk about what's next, later, and tomorrow. What's for dinner? We do not, let me say that again, DO NOT talk about things outside of disney. No reality while at disney.

7. Dawn

Dawn carpe diem-ing Forum Host

I people watch. Every so often there's a doozy of a child meltdown happens which generally makes my day. :evil:

I make trip report notes too.

8. Britchick

Britchick Serious Forum Regular

We don't tend to queue any longer than about 30 mins so chat, plan what we're doing next, stuff like that:yes: oh and defend our position from queue jumpers :rotfl:

9. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

We use fast pass most often so have reduced our wait time quite a bit. When we chose to stand on line, I'll watch the people around me and listen to snippets of their conversation. I often write little short stories about them in my head. :D Yep, I'm weirder than heck.

I've often though that a fun book to write would be Vignettes from Disney Queues. :D :D :lol:

Not much chatter goes on between us. I have a hard time hearing with a lot of background noise so talking to me in that setting is rather like shouting down a well.

10. Watchinherskip

Watchinherskip Better known as "That Guy"

Kind of like Donna, we have a great time and make the most of it. We plan our next move to an attraction, think back and recall our previous trips, people watch, take photos, joke on my brother (easy target - yet he feels the same about me :shrug1:). I like what Billie said...stay focused on the moment and think only of our Disney visit. Let the world stay outside. The past few trips were after very sad events in our family's history - right after the passing of my parents so we tried to think only positive stuff about them and recall some of the reasons why our family is celebrating them in our visits.

11. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Serious Forum Regular

I look around at the buildings and even at the pavements... as they change... I just try and drink it all in. I'm never really focused on other people as I'm so not caring what they look like or what they're doing. I'm too busy in my own little world and hugging myself with sheer joy at being back.

I think I'm going to try and do what those lads on You Tube do... they go down the Utilidor steps and walk underneath Disneyworld... they don't get caught (go look) I want to see how far I can get without being stopped lol.

12. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

I tend to talk and chat up my neighbors

13. BUTTERHEAD1

BUTTERHEAD1 Addicted to Mickey

Words with Friends
    Angry Birds
    Internet browsing
    Talking with family

14. Kate

Kate Serious Forum Regular

We dont realy queue for that long to be honest, so we usually have time to talk about where we're going next, what time the next show is on we want to see and what we can do around that area! Oh and talk of food is always involved!

15. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Serious Forum Regular

Internet browsing?

Angry birds? Why? You're at DisneyWorld? I can never understand this when I see people doing this.

16. Wendy

I can see a reason for killing time using your phone to go on the internet. You must think I'm crazy then :lol: because on our last trip I was on my phone a lot, posting on Secrets from the parks, whats apping Keith. I really enjoyed being in contact and sharing what I was seeing :D

17. Britchick

Britchick Serious Forum Regular

me too! i only went on the internet in 'down' time- waiting for rides..food, transport etc it was great fun taking people at home round with me if you see what i mean. I don't feel that it took away from Disney at all.

18. Shellyamc

Shellyamc Serious Forum Regular

The thing that SAVED us with our Son was the simple paint feature on my DH's phone. You can just color on a white screen and when you want a new one you shake the phone. It kept him busy in even the longest line! Katie was old enough that she was happy to chat and talk about the ride and everything going on. We also did well with a few small notepads ( like you get free in the mail when they want you to donate money) and a few pens. That kept them for a few minutes at least :yes:

19. Suebeattie

Suebeattie Addicted to Mickey

Ah brilliant thamks shelly. My husband never parts with his phone so we'll have that and probably my ipad.
    Not something I had thought of before but hoping that in October it will be fairly quiet.:confused:

:wiggle:

20. BUTTERHEAD1

BUTTERHEAD1 Addicted to Mickey

Waiting on line for 75 minutes for Soarin or Toy Story Mania without my phone would be torture for me. We are an IPhone family so we all play games while we are online, sometimes against each other sometimes not. It makes the wait seem shorter.