1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

what do you do when you first get to disney :)

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World' started by disnut, Mar 18, 2011.

1. disnut

disnut Imagineer

I love talking about this stuff :yes: what do you do when you first get there? any traditions to make you smile?

I always go to the magic kingdom and get a caseys hot dog, then I smile and I know Im there

2. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Well, when we are doing Disney proper (staying onsite there) we like to stay at OKW as it's out home resort. We check in and then head right for the Gurgling Suitcase and start the holiday off with a traditional Bud with lime. It's the only time you'll catch me with a Bud! LOL. It started years ago with a wonderful bartender who is no longer there, but the tradition carries on.

Then we head for ... well, EPCOT usually. :yes:

3. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

As it is normally late in the afternoon before we get to our villa on the day of arrival, it`s simply a case of calling in Publix en-route to the villa, followed by unpacking our bags and a quick bath/shower before going to a local restaurant for dinner.
    The following day it has now become a tradition that we head off to DTD where we have a coffee outside Ghiradelli`s for a spot of people watching and to get us into "Disney mode"! [This is usually followed by a snack lunch from the Earl of Sandwich.]

4. lisaw

lisaw Serious Forum Regular

Late afternoon arrival - drive from the airport to DTD to pick up my AP and Tables in Wonderland card. Then drive to resort, check in, unpack some stuff then go to the quick serve for something to eat. Drive to Super Target or Publix on the 192 for bottles of water etc, back to hotel for a quick pool visit and finish the unpacking then bed for our early start at MK the next morning! :D

5. Britchick

Britchick Cast Member

I'm going to have to try the gurgling suitcase!

6. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

It's a tiny little place, Brit but has great memories for us from when we first started with DVC (waaaaaay back in '96!). I remember when we first stayed there, Gurgling Suitcase was set up differently and there was a mannequin named, Captain Jack or something like that seated at one of the tables. I wouldn't go in for the longest time because I was afraid of the "creepy guy who was always in there!" :lol: :redface:

7. Britchick

Britchick Cast Member

:point: Well we're fortunate on this trip that we can slip out for an adult cocktail or two! Will be seeing WDW from a different point of view. Can't wait!