1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

what do you look for when booking a villa?

Discussion in 'Resorts, Hotels, DVC, Villas' started by DisneyAddict, Mar 9, 2011.

1. DisneyAddict

DisneyAddict Imagineer

Just wondering, what do you look for when booking a villa? Is the area most important to you or the features of the villa or the price?

Which areas have you stayed at which you liked or really didn't like all that much?
  2. JStrickPhoto

JStrickPhoto Imagineer

OKW: Not near a bus stop. Close to a pool. Not ground level.

SSRS: Congress Park. Lagoon view. Not ground level.

For OKW, we want to be on the last building of a given street not near the bus stop so you don't hear the bus as often. Close to a pool but not right next to it. We like having a deck above ground. We've been in a deluxe studio and 2-bedroom that were both close to the Turtle Pond bus stop. Very noisy.

For SSRS, Congress Park is what we always request as that's the closest to DD. We typically get a lagoon view near a pool. Nice, short walk to DD and the main building.

Jamie
  3. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

Jamie, I suspect that the question related to off site villas, not the DVC units. :unsure:
  4. JStrickPhoto

JStrickPhoto Imagineer

D'oh! I bet you are correct. I just assumed DVC but I can see how it could be external villas as well since the question applies to both....
  5. arkvilla

arkvilla Addicted to Mickey

We have found it's a whole host of reasons that people book ours but mostly they either have beed referred ( which is always nice) or they just get a 'feel' for it.

There are many reasons people choose though and they can be:- price, distance to theme parks, gated community, aspect of pool, decor, near restaurants, etc - the list goes on

We are lucky as we get lots of repeat guests and I take that as a real compliment, as it means they like our home :)

Sandra
  6. Poohtle

Poohtle Imagineer

I now know the areas I prefer to stay, so once I find villas there and look on villa adverts I always go straight to the photos of the pool area. If that ticks boxes I do a quick run through the rest of the photos and then go on to the costs. I might look for availability before that though.

So from that, I guess the area, then the pool is very important. Not overlooked and no neighbours with pool netting right up close.