1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

What do you take to the Parks

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World' started by Wendy, Mar 26, 2013.

1. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

When we go to the parks we don't take very much, just a camera and sometimes the camera bag and my little bag.

I get fed up just carrying that, but I see some people with lots of bags with food, towels and all sorts of things.

What do you take to the parks with you, a lot or just yourself?

2. robertcraig

robertcraig Serious Forum Regular

Airdrie, North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    Just my camera in my pocket

3. MystikPiglit

MystikPiglit Peace, Love and Mickey Mouse

Well, we have a 2-part park bags. I carry round a Kipling bag containing essentials (tickets/money/sunglasses/wipes/tissues/fan etc) and the camera. Then we take a bag with sunscreen, brollies, jackets or whatever the weather dictates, and leave that in a locker at the park. I like to be prepared. :D

4. Beccaberry

Beccaberry She's beccalicious! Forum Host

Wow, has this answer changed over the years! When the children were smaller the answer would have been "everything except the kitchen sink" and then some! Of course, then, we had a posh stroller to push it all around in! There were drinks and snacks, changes of clothes, first aid kits, bottles, diapers, along with the point and shoot, the "big" camera, and the video camera. As the years passed, the kids grew, and the stroller became a thing of the past, we started whittling down what we brought in with us.

Now, we're often found entering the park with nothing but our phones and our tickets. I'll bring the camera a few odd times during the trip, or grab the point and shoot - but not every time. There is a LOVELY sense of freedom to be able to go through the turnstile and give "security" a miss :)

5. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

I carry a small string backpack. I have to have my sunglasses case as it either holds my regular glasses or sunglasses. I have tried to eliminate this but I can't wear contacts and I like to see lol. I carry my vacation wallet (which doesn't have nearly as much junk as my regular wallet), small lotion and hand sanitizer and a little bag of all kinds of medical things! Let me tell you, my little bag of meds has helped many a person besides myself! My camera is on there too.

If I know we are only going to be in the park for a couple if hours, I don't bring the bag. It is very freeing.

6. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

As little as possible. Donna has her camera, a bag to hold it, as well as our park tickets. I may have a fanny pack with sunscreen and a few sundries in it.

7. Beccaberry

Me, me, me!! You're sort of like the iPhone of meds, instead of "There's an app for that!" Johnie always says, "I have med for that!" You've been a lifesaver a number of times!

8. Watchinherskip

Watchinherskip Better known as "That Guy"

I am now, and have always been the family Sherpa. So I carry what ever my DW and DD peel off during the day. So I carry a small daypack that hold our cameras (small p&s as well as our video camera), an anarak or shell (some type of wind proof layer, serves as rain gear as well) tickets, hat and wallet.

But like Becca said....it is all different now. We used to carry all the essentials when Alex was really young. We used to rent a stroller when we got there.

9. Faythstar

Faythstar Imagineer

Everyone in our party carries our own small bag (often a fanny pack) filled with camera, tickets, money, maps, and poncho. It drives my husband crazy when I wear a fanny pack, because as a native Floridian, he's been to Disney a lot more often than I have and he tells me it makes me look like a "tourist". LOL. I told him I AM a tourist! Then on our honeymoon, he got jealous of how convenient mine was and bought his own. I'll never let him live it down. :lol:

10. Beccaberry

:lol: Great story, Faythstar!

And Dan, yes, we rented a stroller for a few years as well. We call it the "in-between years" - when Baleigh was old enough to walk most of the day, but needed a bit of a rest towards the end of the evening. After a few years it morphed into a family game of "spot the abandoned stroller" - where we'd compete to see who could find a stroller that had been left for the night and just parked in some random area with the name tag removed. First person to spot one received a treat equal to what we would have spent to rent the stroller, and in the event that we didn't spot one, well, it distracted them enough looking not to care that they were still walking! :cleverstuff:

11. Dawn

Dawn carpe diem-ing Forum Host

Tickets, money, camera and spare batteries, sunscreen, water bottles, snacks and fruit. Poncho if the weather dictates it. Mostly we put it all in various pockets of cargo shorts - those things hold more than a stroller could ever carry. :lol: I jave a waist pack with the valuable bits in.

12. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

Lol my pants would fall down if I put that much stuff in my pockets.

13. Beccaberry

Yes, Jon has become the cargo pocket Sherpa in our family :)

14. Sam

Sam Imagineer

I take a little rucksack with cameras, tickets, money, frozen water bottles, blister plasters and a few little snacks. I'm always the one who carries everyone's bit, but this time Meg is taking her own little rucksack for her water and camera and I'm going to make sure that my dad's partner carries their things.

Last time we had a buggy for the little man so we used to dump everything on that but this time the Geth is going to be walking. (Of course I'm might have sold him on ebay by then). :lol:

15. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

We actually considered buying a Disney stroller to push Herself's camera gear around! :lol: Hey, we would have too, but they've raised the price so much we didn't. :shrug:

We rarely take the camera because it is so heavy.

Used to be we took backpacks prepared for the season. From rain gear (and some serious rain gear it was) to full blown lunches with water bottles, we had it with us.

Now? It's a ticket in one pocket, and cash or debit card in the other, most often. If we are going for the entire day, or have guests with us it may differ, but that's it generally.

16. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

I've seen and carried one of your bags that you taken to the park :lol: the camera is lighter than that surely :wink: :lol:

17. Mags

Mags Serious Forum Regular

I take everything including the kitchen sink. A rucksack is needed of course!
    Purse
    Passports
    Tissues
    Water
    Band aids and blister patches
    Savlon
    Lipsil
    Ibuprofen
    Camera
    Poncho

Mags

18. Beccaberry

LOL! Mags how on earth do you walk under the weight of it all!!

19. Mags

Mags Serious Forum Regular

With difficulty as the arthritis in my back always flares up badly when I use that blasted ruck. I cant seem to cut back though. :lol:

Mags

20. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

Just out of curiosity, why do you carry your Passports with you in the Parks?