1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

What do you use for hand luggage?

Discussion in 'Transportation & Travel' started by wdwgirl, Aug 11, 2014.

1. wdwgirl

wdwgirl Earning my ears

Im trying to find a bag which is large enough for all the bits I have totake ipad, phone, pillow, camera and easy access to travel folders and still small enough not to raise any questions at check in

What do you all use, pics would be nice :D

2. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

Chris has a Lowepro Pro Runner x350, its a rucksack but it has wheels. You can make whatever compartments you want so there is more than enough room for your pillow. If you are only taking an iPad then the laptop area would be fine for that and any paperwork you have. I can't take any photos as it's in the loft.

He also has a normal roll on which he takes if he's not taking additional lenses and he tends to use this more than the Lowepro now.

I have found this picture online.

71W+RDi8kgL__SL1500_.jpg
    lowepro.jpg

3. Deafjeff

Deafjeff Serious Forum Regular

Ooh I like! I recently brought Vivienne Westwood bag but decided not to take it to WDW as don't want to damage it on rides etc. so in looking for small bag myself.....

4. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

I get Briggs and Reiley now. After years of different makes, I finally found a quality make which isn't stupidly priced but really is quality.

The one below is their "cheap" range but you'd never know it. It's smooth, lots of space yet fits under the seat (unbelievably). Lots of sensible compartments and a central open area. A cute feature is that there's a little lock on the back of it that pushes against a full size suitcase and locks them together. So you can wheel them both with one hand and the carry on won't fall off. I know, small thing, but makes a difference ;-)

http://www.johnlewis.com/briggs-riley-transcend-series-200-wheeled-cabin-bag/p286234

000286231.jpg

5. Vikki

Vikki Serious Forum Regular

I just use a bog standard rucksack

6. Tony G

Tony G Serious Forum Regular

I have a Samsonite roll-on. The features that lured me away from an Antler I was already happy with are:

It has a built-in TSA lock for the zip.
    It's the lightest bag I've ever come across.
    It has a semi-rigid frame, which is relatively thin, meaning it has space for loads of my junk!
    It rolls really smoothly.
    It's stable standing up.
    It has handles on two sides, so you can carry it in different ways (and a pull handle on the base to get it out of luggage racks).
    The roller-handle has two main struts, so I can slide my laptop bag on top of it.

I couldn't find a pic online, as it's no longer a current model. :(