1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

What dress codes?

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World' started by karen2, Jul 27, 2009.

1. karen2

karen2 Earning my ears

Hello what dress codes do we need to be aware of at the normal parks, water parks and restaurants around disney. never been before and there is no mention of dress requirements in any of the catalogues :sorry:
  2. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

In the parks there are very few dress codes. Mostly no disgusting or vile T-shirts or any revealing wear. The finer restaurants do request resort casual (none in the parks except may Bistro de Paris) in EPCOT.
  3. foreverducky

foreverducky Addicted to Mickey

At the water parks people wear both two pieces and one pieces.

In general I think of it this way, if you don't want a small child to see your clothing then it's probably not appropriate. I have gone mostly in the summer and the normal attire for most are shorts, t-shirts, tanks, and the occasional skirts.

Please wear comfortable shoes. You will walk miles.
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2009
  4. dvcjane

dvcjane Imagineer

we've seen people told to turn their t-shirts inside out when theyve had bad or offensive logos or words on them, other than that it seems like almost anything goes

they dont seem to enforce the business casual dress code at the restaurants either :(
  5. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

Unfortunately !!!!
  6. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

Very unfortunately!!! sigh
  7. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

Another very unfortunately here also.
  8. Dawn

Dawn carpe diem-ing Forum Host

It's supposedly shirt and shoes must be worn in the theme parks but I've seen that flouted by bikini top wearing girls at times.

Disney needs to tighten up on dress code, especially in the more upscale restaurants.
  9. Sarah loves Disney

Sarah loves Disney Earning my ears

Wear something that you would wear to your friends or families barbecues on a summer day/evening, can't go wrong or offend
  10. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

All good advice. Be sure that whatever you wear is the most comfortable things you own. Remember, that although it may seem to make sense to get as skimpy in clothing as possible in the heat, that is actually counter productive. Your best bet is white or very light cotton clothing. Long sleeves are actually cooler as long as they are loose fitting. You'll want the air to move the clothing, and the perspiration to wick away from your body.

A hat with a visor, again light colored, sun glasses, regularly applied sun screen, and footwear that is supportive are the best choices.

Now, no Disney isn't enforcing the dress codes other than telling you about them when you book a signature restaurant. Victoria and Albert's will enforce it, but that's it. No one is going to be turned away. That's where social pressure comes in. Personally, I don't like people gawping at me, so I'm not about to wear something other than the recommended dress code in those few restaurants that make that request. :spring:

I can honestly say I'd be so uncomfortable I wouldn't enjoy my dinner. :sorry:
  11. hurster97

hurster97 Earning my ears

As others have mentioned, there are no strict "dress codes" within the resort other than offensive graphics on shirts or bathingwear in the theme parks. HOWEVER, out of courtesy and respect for the cast members, fellow guests and the property itself, I personally frown on cut off shorts, tank tops, tube tops and the like. This is a world class resort, not your local county fair. I like to think if folks can afford to visit, they would certainly know what appropriate attire is for a resort setting.
  12. Taja

Taja Earning my ears

Have to admit I do wear tank tops to the WDW parks, but they are the style and fabric I can wear with a jacket in the office. If that makes sense. :rolleyes: I don't own separate wardrobes for holiday and work, so everything must do double duty. :)

As others have said, be considerate of others when selecting apparel--and yourself when selecting footwear! :lol: Sore feet = grumpy guest!