1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

What Else Have I Forgotten?

Discussion in 'General' started by Beccaberry, Oct 12, 2011.

1. Beccaberry

Beccaberry She's beccalicious! Forum Host

When I read Wendy's post the other day regarding the "line-up changes" to the Candlelight Processional, I realized I had TOTALLY forgotten about the CP going during Christmas. (Very excited to learn that Trace Adkins will be there during my visit...I LOVE the sound of his deep voice!) Anyway, it started me thinking....what else have I forgotten (or never known) about during Christmas time at WDW?

Any thoughts from our December travelers?

I LOVE all the ideas about trees, ornaments, window clings, cookies and music (Tink, the kids are SOLD on the idea of gifts from around the World Showcase). What else would you do if you were going to be in Disney during the holiday?
  2. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

We've been once actually for Christmas and I was ill :lol: but we have been in December, so there are a few things I can remember and you have probably thought about all these already:

Animal Kingdom - The Christmas version of the parade, Mickey's Jingle Jungle Parade

Hollywood Studios - Osborne Lights

Epcot - I think it's about 6pm every night that Mickey Mouse and his friends host a giant tree lighting ceremony, complete with music and storytelling, in World Showcase Plaza.

Holidays around the World - storytellers tell about the traditions of the season. There is a different story in every country.

There is also the Sleigh Ride at Wilderness Lodge - this is very popular and gets booked up in advance, but you might be lucky :fingers: Basically, it's a 25 minute "sleigh" ride through the woods from the F. Wilderness Campground. The horse drawn carriage is made to look like a red sleigh, complete with sleighbells :) Each sleigh can accommodate up to 4 adults, or 2 adults plus up to 3 children 9 and under.

Visit the resorts and see the decorations, especially the gingerbread house at the Grand Floridian, the smell is wonderful :D

At Celebration they have nightly snow falls and there are carols being sung in the streets.
  3. Watchinherskip

Watchinherskip Better known as "That Guy"

Yup Agree..all cool things. Love the old time decorations at the studios, a mele kalikimaka look of the Poly, the wonderful look of the GF's lobby. All so beautiful.

Becca - just saw Trace at an outdoor venue here. He was pretty good and that is coming from a non country music person. Not a bad show.
  4. Mari

Mari Serious Forum Regular

It just sounds WONDERFUL :)
  5. Kate

Kate Serious Forum Regular

Seeing and hearing everything Christmas at Disney is just perfect - we wouldnt go any other time of year now, its wonderful :yes:
  6. Watchinherskip

Remember it like it was yesterday, but it was about 14 years ago!!:sorry: DD was 6 years old - her first trip to WDW. We stayed at the brand new Boardwalk then, and walked over to Epcot early in the morning. The double decker bus arrived with all kinds of Christmas themed CMs. She had a giant pen and autograph book and got a lot of cool autographs including those oh so silly looking reindeer!

It was truly memorable. On a side note, my screen name came from that visit. She was so very happy she would skip from one location to the next, humming Disney tunes.:tongue:
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2011
  7. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Check out DTD. There is often great musical entertainment there. Oh, and don't forget that chubby dude in the fuzzy red suit!!!!! He's CUTE!!!! Go sit on his lap and tell him what you want. Betcha' he brings it! :D

You can have a family photo taken with him!

Check out the DVC areas of the resorts. Often they have cool things going on like roasted chestnuts or mulled cider...

If you want something a little different and have transport, visit the Mary Queen of the Universe Shrine. The beauty and peace of the place at Christmas will make your soul throb.
  8. Watchinherskip

Hey Tink,

Isn't the priest from that shrine the one who does the big masses at WDW on Christmas and Easter?

Somehow when you mentioned that shrine, it clicked. I thought it would host like 20 priests or something based upon the size of the mass at the Contemp. Someone told me it was just one priest.

Dan
  9. Beccaberry

Beccaberry She's beccalicious! Forum Host

Oh wow!!! So many suggestions!!! I love them ALL so much that 11 days may not be enough!! LOL :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

And Watchinherskip....you made me quite leaky eyed, thankyouverymuch! :D

Can I go now, please?
  10. Watchinherskip

Oh hope they are happy tears, reminders of your previous trips.

Wonder if she will still skip this trip in January. We are going to celebrate her 21st birthday....:sorry:

Where has the time gone? I still see a lot of that little girl in the young woman she has become.:sigh:
  11. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

I'm not sure, Dan but I would guess that one of the priests would be available to do that. Does Disney still do that? I thought they'd stopped the masses? :unsure:

The shrine is now a basilica by the way!
  12. Watchinherskip

Thanks Tink. Not sure if they have them anymore. It was astounding seeing that many people in a mass. Great memory of that trip was the Easter Mass.