1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

what extras do u get in your room when u book concierge

Discussion in 'Resorts, Hotels, DVC, Villas' started by katycoco, May 26, 2011.

1. katycoco

katycoco Imagineer

hi

could anyone tell me what or if you get any extras in your room when u book concierge akl

i know the basic's eg lounge, etc

thanks

kate

2. katycoco

katycoco Imagineer

my counters not working ive got 104 day left

3. WDW Vet

WDW Vet Forum Advertiser

It's been a while since we did concierge, but we had robes in the room. Bed turn down and chocolates on the pillow (which I never got mine!), newspaper. Then there is continental breakfast, snacks lunchtime, water and soda all day. Beer & wine and heavy horsdoeurves (that spelled right?) at night follwed by desserts and coffee

4. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

The robes, bed turn down, chocolates and newspaper apply even in non-concierge stays at the GF.
    Personally I couldn`t get any great benefit from going down the concierge route as I always enjoy a cooked breakfast when on vacation, so a continental breakfast is not my "cup of tea".
    Also, although the complimentary snacks etc are a bonus, I would run the risk of ruining my appetite for dinner.
    All in all, it`s not for me.

5. WDW Vet

WDW Vet Forum Advertiser

You are correct about the Grand Floridian Slowhand but the original question was staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge. As an example in value season, weekday rate at AKL the standard view club ( concierge) is $365 US per night compared to $250 US per night for a regular standard view. Obviously if you are going during a more expensive season the difference in the two would be greater.

I stated what you get for the difference as you asked. I can't give you an opinion nor as anyone else can. Is choclate ice cream better than vanilla? You are the only one that can decide if those items are worth the difference. By the way I like vanilla and my wife loves chocolate.

Have a great trip.

6. disnut

disnut Imagineer

isnt there some kind of special animal kingdom lodge tour only for concierge stay guests??

7. WDW Vet

WDW Vet Forum Advertiser

Yes it is called Sunrise Safari Breakfast Adventure and it is a private tour with stops along Kilimanjoro safari followed by a breakfast buffet. It was in the mid $60s for adults and low $30s for kids.