1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

What foods do you stock your fridges with?

Discussion in 'Restaurants, Dining, Dining Plans' started by SleepinCatz, Jul 21, 2008.

1. SleepinCatz

SleepinCatz Fluffeh Disney Fan

I prefer homemade when I have the stuff to do it lol.....but I grew up with sliced bread...my fav is butter bread...I don't buy it often cause i don't need to get any fluffier than I already am lol. I think I'm going to get some bread pans and get back into making my own. I don't know of any bakery that makes bread in this town....Le Madelines used to have the most wonderful loaves....sigh
  2. SleepinCatz

you said sweet? do you remember what kind you got?
  3. Dawn

Dawn carpe diem-ing Forum Host

All your bread is sweet compared to the UK stuff.
  4. Shellyamc

Shellyamc Serious Forum Regular

This is so interesting to me. You wouldn't think there would be so much different..
  5. josh.p.

josh.p. Addicted to Mickey

Yeh... the bread is sweet, its wierd, and everyone mentions it when they come back from the US!! LOL

We mostly had drinks; Grape Juice, Root Beer, Diet coke and then just food stuff that we hadn't tried before and fancied a go of!
  6. Dawn

Dawn carpe diem-ing Forum Host

What's the brand of cinammon raisin bread that comes in a dark red bag - that was wicked nice. :D
  7. Disneybumble

Disneybumble The Secret is in the Sauce.

Marmite is gusting. I would rather go through s shark infested paddling pool than eat it. OK that's a bit dramatic. But i love lime marmalade. Over there we loveeeeeeeeee double stuff oreo's. Ummmmm a shop here sells a small packet for £4.95!!!!!!!!!! So will have to wait until we go next.
  8. Grammiepo

Grammiepo Daisy Inspector

I could but it might be kind of green by the time it got to you. green is only for vegs.
  9. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

ok I know this and can't seem to remember.....I have to go to Wal-Mart with a client and will find out for you!

Almost all of the stuff in the US is made with high fructose corn syrup. This is why everything tastes sweet and we, as a nation, are getting fatter and fatter.
  10. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Sunmaid Raisin bread I think.

Yes, look at ingredient labels. That gross stuff is in tons of things. I've stopped buying anything with that in it. I'm saving A LOT on groceries as a result. :rolleyes:

I hate commercial bread. Yuck.
  11. Johnie

Yes Sunmaid is it!

You would absolutely be shocked at the stuff it's in. Weight Watchers and Special K are the ones that surprised me the most. We've been watching what we buy as well. Found a lovely bottled tea that is pure cane sugar, New Leaf is the brand.
  12. Tink

I think that's what gets me the most. All those supposedly healthy, or diet foods with that junk in it. There is no purpose on earth to have it either! :(

I don't care for sweet tea, but it's good that you found one without that poison. :yes:

I had a visitor from Italy tell me that our potatoes were sweet! She wanted to know where she could get 'real' potatoes. :yes: Now, I know that's not HFCS! LOL!
  13. SleepinCatz

wow...learn something new everyday. Really going to read labels on bread now beyond calories and fat content.
  14. Tink

Yes, 'Catz. You're in for quite a shock. Isn't someone in your family a diabetic? You'll notice a huge difference in blood glucose control if you can completely eliminate that additive. :yes:
  15. Johnie

Catz,
    If you do a google search, you will be shocked! No other country on earth is allowed to use it. It makes you eat more as well.
  16. SleepinCatz

:hug2:Tink....silly eh? LOL I just had tears spring to my eyes cause you remembered that LOL. I've worked with ppl over 6 yrs closely that don't remember...ok...whoosh lol

Yes...My Dad and my late Grandma...plus I am having some problems myself right now. lol Actually had to take my own advice and make an appointment to see my GP to find out what's wrong. I am a HUGE chicken when it comes to Docs....but the way my body is reacting right now...I know I need to see him. making the appoinment as we speak...i hate being on hold.

my dh and i decided from this point on we read lables for hfcs and avoid it. my mother suggested cutting gluten for awhile and see how i feel.

k doc appt set. next tuesday 9am.
  17. Johnie

:hug2: good luck at the dr hon. I feel so much better when I don't eat stuff with HFCS in it but you just wouldn't beleive what it's in. Mayo and ketchup..what the heck?
  18. SleepinCatz

yeah.. I did the search...freakin frightening! We avoid aspartame like the plague. I know what it does to me and how my moms body reacts to it. Once we started checking for it and elimanating it both of us did wayyy better. Never even thought about the hfcs....jeeze...I am so grateful to whatever made me start this thread to begin with.
  19. SleepinCatz

Mayo???? Good thing I know how tyo make homeade...why would they put it in Mayo?
  20. Johnie

Not all mayo. Duke's mayo doesn't have it in it and I like it better than Kraft. But, Duke's is a southern thing, you might have it there. But, it's in everything! BUT, if you go to the kosher aisle or where they keep the International stuff (Mexican, Asian, etc), you'll find that those products don't have HFCS in it. Also, Coke made in other countries doesn't have it.