1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

What goes on in the keys to the kingdom tour?

Discussion in 'General' started by partygirl, Jun 11, 2011.

1. partygirl

partygirl Earning my ears

The keys to the kingdom tour seems really reasonably priced unlike some of the others.

I just wondered what actually happens on it?
  2. Kate

Kate Serious Forum Regular

We wandered around the park and learnt some very interesting facts, got taken behind the scenes and saw where they got all the floats ready for the parades and went underneath the park to the utilidors. It was very interesting, learned some good secrets, had a nice lunh and went on a couple of rides without queueing. Id definately do the tour again :yes:
  3. partygirl

partygirl Earning my ears

wow thanks Kate, is it tiring? how long does it last?
  4. Kate

Kate Serious Forum Regular

We were shattered at the end of the day, but we had the first tour and we stayed right til the end of the day to watch the fireworks. I guess it depends on which tour you choose, but there is a lot of walking and i dont remember any breaks apart from lunch. My mum found it especially hard, she was about 65 at the time, so comfy shoes and plenty of water is a must!
  5. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

It is a great tour, but remember no children under the age of 16 allowed.
  6. Tony G

Tony G Serious Forum Regular

I loved it. For me, it really gave back the idea I had of Disney as a child.

As a child, I always thought a place like Disneyland/World had every little detail thought through and significant. I lost that as I became an adult and began to think of most of the parks as simply necessary to the building process.

The Keys to the Kingdom tour once more showed me that in Disney, every tiny little detail has been thought through. It rekindled the magic of Disney for me.
  7. disneymom

disneymom Imagineer

We loved it too :yes:

As everyone says, it's a fast paced tour. Not something to do if your feet are already aching or you're not good at getting around (unless you have a scooter etc.)

I loved hearing about all the detail and of course the utilidor tour was a brilliant part of it :)

Some of the tours I've taken like backstage magic or the christmas one have been GREAT but so expensive. Keys to the Kingdom is the right length of time and the right price IMHO