1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

What happens at Disney Epcot candlelight processional?

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World' started by disneymom, Jun 21, 2009.

1. disneymom

disneymom Imagineer

Hi :thumbsup: the candelight processional at epcot is on while we're there so I was thinking we'd do it if it was good but we're worried the kids would get bored.

What goes on? I've read a few articles but havent really got a good idea on how long and what happens

2. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

It's pagentry, of course. In general terms (things change up a bit from time to time) the huge choir comes in (the processional part) holding electric candles and singing a carol. They come in from the walkway side of the theatre, down the aisles and up to the stage. It's quite pretty.

The biblical retelling of the birth of Christ then unfolds through song, and a narrator reading the applicable passages from the bible. The passages are broken up with songs so it's not like you are being sermonized, you know? :)

My favorite part is watching the interpreter for the deaf. The ASL used is beautiful and adds a dimension to the whole thing that I really enjoy. That is one of the reasons that if I'm going to go, I go when Marlee Matlan is the narrator (deaf actress).

At any rate, it's not too long, but if your children did get bored it really is easy enough to leave. However, sitting through it once is usually doable even for very young ones.

Hope that helped a bit? :unsure:

3. Mari

Mari Serious Forum Regular

great description Tink!!!

I also had no idea what it was all about...

4. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

I have some video footage of it HERE

5. Mari

Mari Serious Forum Regular

Thank you Diane! :)