1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

what happens to luggage at orlando airport?

Discussion in 'Transportation & Travel' started by disneymom, Oct 6, 2008.

1. disneymom

disneymom Imagineer

Im overplanning I know but Ive just read a trip report where they mentioned having to take their luggage somewhere else after checkin rather than it just going away on conveyers?

Where does it have to be taken ? is it far??
  2. Dorothy

Dorothy Smiley Herder

I'm not sure I understand what you are asking about checking in :unsure: Are you asking about at the airport or the hotel??
  3. Dawn

Dawn carpe diem-ing Forum Host

They've always taken our bags at check-in at MCO. Are you talking about arrivals where you claim your bags back at the terminal then give them away again while you catch the shuttle to the main terminal then reclaim then again?
  4. Taja

Taja Earning my ears

When departing MCO, you have to take your bags from the check-in desk to the x-ray machines--at least you do for domestic flights. Unless you use curbside check-in. They do everything for you and you tip them (Southwest). Other airlines charge for curbside check-in, plus tip.

Not sure if curbside check-in is available for international flights.
  5. Debbie2

Debbie2 Speedy!

Yes we have to do that too. Once we checked in to come home we had to take them to Virgin reps outside the terminal, virtually on the kerbside. You leave your cases there and they x ray them. Bit strange but thats what happens...well it has to us on our last few trips.

On the way in to MCO you collect your luggage at the first baggage claim then give it back at the second, jump on the monorail and collect it again.