1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

what is cirque du soleil?

Discussion in 'Other Florida Parks and Attractions' started by disneymom, Feb 3, 2009.

1. disneymom

disneymom Imagineer

Is cirque du soleil just some kind of circus act because it seems a bit pricey just for that?

I keep reading people saying how great it is so Im hoping its really good!
  2. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

It's not. :) I don't like traditional circuses at all, and would not go to one.

Cirque is an artistic show where very talented folks perform. It's hard to explain, but they use all sorts of unique mechanisms for performance. Trampolines and long red curtain/scarves (from which they 'fall' and well...you just have to see it) are just two of them.

There is a bit of a story line, and some singing too.

It's pricey for sure, but really a wonderful show and very well worth the money. :yes:
  3. catrancher

catrancher Assistant Cruise Director Forum Host

What Tink said... And more!

We've seen it several times and would gladly go again. I kinda wish they'd change the show though. They've been running "La Nouba" since forever. I'd like to see some of the different shows like "Kooza".

However, all that aside, it's an amazing evening. Pricey, yes. But absolutely stunning and, I think, worth every penny.

Here's the link to the show web site with a short video clip. Let you know what you can expect. :jawdrop:

Tom (can we go now, can we, huh?)
  4. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

La Nouba has been at WDW since the late 90's! :yes: It would be nice to have a new show, for those of us who have seen this one, especially more than once.

There are several Cirque shows in Las Vegas. It's the only reason I could be lured there. :D

On the other hand, it's a huge production to come up with a new show and this one was developed especially for WDW, so I'd imagine (but am not positive) that it's with us for a long time to come.
  5. catrancher

catrancher Assistant Cruise Director Forum Host

Or, you could drive up the road here to Atlanta. Kooza is playing here right now. I haven't made it to see it yet, but it's high on my list of priorities.

Tom (who really needs to get those tickets)
  6. Taja

Taja Earning my ears

Cirque is unique. I haven't seen La Nouba, but have seen most of the other Cirque shows in Las Vegas that Tink mentioned. La Nouba is supposed to be more suited for children than some of the other shows. That doesn't mean childish, just designed to hold their attention as well as that of adults. :)
  7. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

I can tell you that I thought it was pricy and didn't think any of us would like it. Well, I was WRONG!! It is a wonderful experience!! Well worth every penny. We've now been to a couple of different shows that have toured here and are looking forward to going to more.

Tink, I want to go to Vegas just to the see the Cirque shows :yes: