1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

What is it like in early May?

Discussion in 'General' started by ieuanr, Jan 14, 2009.

1. ieuanr

ieuanr Imagineer

So .....

We've been many times in January and February, once in October.

We swore that this year the kitchen would be replaced so no trip to Florida - first time in six years - did someone say panic attacks?

Anyhow the kitchen replacement is underway - and normally we would be in Florida now. So we are all missing our favourite place.

Seems I may have a gap in my calendar towards the end of April ....

Do we have any regular April/May visitors who can fill me in on the vibe at this time of year?

2. Dorothy

Dorothy Smiley Herder

It's starting to get warmish, but nothing like the summer months so you should be okay :thumbsup:

3. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Well, it will be warm for you Ieuan. :yes: I know how delicate the Welsh are, you see. :D

Seriously, you'll find it warm and will get much use out of your villa pool. :yes:

Depending upon the time you come, you may run into some spring break chaos, or not. The Flower and Garden Show will be going on at EPCOT.

The humidity will still be pretty low, not as low as what you are used to, but not the humidity of the deep summer.

I think you should come along then, eh?

Oh, and where are the photos of the new Kitchen? :D (The new house that isn't so very new any more, too)! :D :D

4. foreverducky

foreverducky Addicted to Mickey

I visited in early may once and yes, it was cooler than the summer months but still warm. But there were fewer children as most were still in school. I would totally recommend this time. :D

5. PsychoAlice

PsychoAlice Resident Anarchist

and if you go mid to late May you can meet me!

6. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

April and May are lovely months since the humidity seems to be MIA.

7. ieuanr

ieuanr Imagineer

Ah yes - the kitchen - well it's underway - the planning chap is coming this afternoon - the budget is agreed - i have given in to the choice of worktops. We just have to get it installed, floor and walls tiled, the knock through to the dining room completed etc etc :unsure:

Surely all of that can be completed in a couple of weeks leaving plenty of time to choose a location to stay (Rotonda looks good) - easy!

I think it is likely that we will be there from 15th April until 2nd May - so we will probably miss you PA - sorry!

8. Tink

That sounds like a major project. :bugeye:

Good time to be here! The earlier the better for you (as long as the Easter/Spring Break thing is avoided :D ) with regard to high temps and humidity. :yes:

Not sure where Rotonda is? :unsure:

9. Tinker

Tinker Earning my ears

I LoVe May . Warm and sometimes now right Hot , but without the humidity . Perfect Time in my honest opinion .

10. ieuanr

ieuanr Imagineer

I think we will be OK with the heat - it's sub tropical here in Wales also (ish)

Rotonda is an area of houses to rent, it is near Cape Haze - south of Englewood. I adopted the beach at Englewood as my favourite beach on our last tour - digging for shark's teeth was good fun.

11. Tink

Englewood as on the west coast of Florida? :unsure: That'll be a long day trip to WDW. :D

12. ieuanr

ieuanr Imagineer

Yes, we are getting quite a taste for the way of life on the Gulf - we just want to do a couple of days in the parks and kick back on the beaches.

Of course I have my pool cleaning and yard maintenance duties to complete at your residence also. :wave::wave:

13. Tink

Well, I was hoping that you'd not forgotten your responsibilities! :D

Englewood is a lovely area. Not congested or overly "done." I'm glad you found it and like it!!

Yes, a couple days in the parks and then enjoying the sun and sea of Florida is a nice plan. :yes:

Would you be flying into Orlando then, or Ft. Myers? (It's an International Airport, too).

14. ieuanr

ieuanr Imagineer

We would fly into Orlando - I like the little train that is there and the security folks are so kindly.

THere are no direct flights from UK to Ft Myers - I think, so that's a no no really. I enjoy the run down from Orlando - we get to stop in exciting out the way places where they don't get so many pasty white Welsh people. It really is a great deal more interesting to stop at a Pizza Hut with a load of truck drivers. Incidentally every time we visit a Pizza Hut there is always a cop there - is this a rule for US Pizza Huts? Or are they afraid someone is gonna hit the hut?

Yes, just have to work on Diane now to convince her that we can complete the works in time to holiday in Florida.

Do you have one of those big nets for skimming the bugs off the surface of the pool - or should I bring mine?:thumbsup:

15. Tink

We have a net! :yes: We have a sweeper too. :yes: And a vacuum! You will be in business. We also have comfy new lounge chairs for your nap after all the work is done. :D :D

16. Dawn

Dawn carpe diem-ing Forum Host

You've just reminded me that everytime I visited a Hut in Michigan there was a cop in there. And there was one in the Tucson one I visited. It must be a standard duty stop for them in that case. Probably just before Dunkin Donuts.

17. ieuanr

ieuanr Imagineer

Now that's a profession I could grow to like - wonder if they take older people?

18. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

We went once in early May to be there for Mother's day and it was quite warm with temperatures in the 90s. We weren't expecting quite that much heat. Fortunately the humidity was low.

19. Tink

There is something about pizza and doughnuts that seem to be really alluring to our law enforcement people. :yes: As of late, Starbucks has been added to the places that draw them in. :D

20. ieuanr

ieuanr Imagineer

It sounds better and better - I will conduct some more research when we visit in April. Diane has almost agreed - a little more arm twisting and we will be on our way.