1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

what is pin trading?

Discussion in 'Collections including Pin Trading' started by daftaboutdisney, Jul 5, 2009.

1. daftaboutdisney

daftaboutdisney Earning my ears

ok I suppose its trading those pins duh but how do you get started with it? how do you know what to buy and what to trade, are there instructions or starter kits?
  2. CheshireCat

CheshireCat Earning my ears

I don't want to pull you away from this site...but I can tell you that I looked on Ebay today & there are trillions of those pins....some for as low as $1.15.

I'm not sure at all how much they are when bought new.

Can anyone answer that for me?
  3. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

I`m not a pin trader myself but I do have loads of them which I either bought on a whim, or they were given to me by some of the cast members I know, several of them being exclusive cast member pins.
    Basically, the pins are widely available throughout WDW and there is a large pin trading location at DTD which probably would be best for you to visit first.
    Folks "in the know" would be best to advise you on which pins to purchase, however starter kits are available which include a lanyard onto which you can attach your pins.
    Most of the cast members wear a lanyard with some pins attached and you can approach any of them and swap any of your pins for one of their`s. You could also approach other guests and ask them if they would like to "trade".
    No doubt other members will be along to expand upon which are the best pins to buy, but I hope I have explained the rudiments.
  4. sunsetlakes

sunsetlakes Earning my ears

That was a great explanation :thumbsup:
  5. catrancher

catrancher Assistant Cruise Director Forum Host

Ask and yea shall receive! :happydance:

The official Disney guide pages to Pin Trading.
    Found them by accident when I was looking for the very same information to tell my grandkids! :mental:

Pin Trading

Tom :)macwave:... poverty via Pin Trading!)
  6. chipndale

chipndale Imagineer

So those cast members you see with lovely lanyards will swap pins with you. I didnt know that!
  7. shimmerplanet

shimmerplanet Earning my ears

We currently collect Vinylmations, but I keep thinking this pin thing would be good for my 12 yr old girl. Can I buy the lanyards/pins in advance -- I thought giving her those with an explanation of what to do would be good for her travel shoebox?
  8. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

You should hopefully be able to pick up a starter pack from a Disney store if you have one close to where you live.
  9. Suebeattie

Suebeattie Imagineer

Also have a look on eBay. I have Just started my pin trading and trying to get pins together to trade when we next go.
    There is a guy selling lots of 25, 50, 100 and 200. I have purchased 50 for just under £20 with free postage (they are coming from hong kong so are expected to take 30 days to get here which is a pain :thumbsdown:)
    :wiggle:
  10. MirandaWrights

MirandaWrights Earning my ears

i posted a lot about pins and trading today any question you may have just pm me

and never buy from ebay 98% of pins on Ebay are fake or flawed or scrappers
    just a FYI