1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

What is there to do at the other part of EPCOT?

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World' started by cosmicray, Jul 5, 2011.

1. cosmicray

cosmicray Earning my ears

Every time we've been to epcot so far we've stayed in the future bit of it I think thats what its called? the bit with the spaceship earth and then over to the land bit.

What we havent seen is the bit with the countries. What is there to do? Is it just wandering round and seeing the stalls?
  2. foreverducky

foreverducky Addicted to Mickey

Oh gosh, the countries section is a favorite to many. Me included.

Yes, there is plenty to look at, including the shops, shows, and daily acts. However the countries themselves are just beautiful, the detail, is well, disney detail. Perfect down to the finest speck.

There is a lot to eat too. People have tried to eat around the countries, but it's difficult. While you could drink around the world too, you might forget the last few countries, if you're still standing. :lol:

Not too mention the picture opportunities as well. Everything from a full on landscape shot to the tiny figurine photo. It's all the there.

Just don't rush it. :yes:
  3. catrancher

catrancher Assistant Cruise Director Forum Host

Oh yes... the entertainment. :thumbsup:

From the group "Off Kilter" in Canada, to the "British Revolution" (now) in the UK. The "Voices of Liberty", the "World Showcase Players", the "JAMMitors", to "Matsuriza" in Japan. And this doesn't even begin to cover it.

There's more to do in World Showcase than you've got time for! :yes:

Tom :)macwave:... be sure to pick up your schedule as you enter Epcot!)
  4. gwennie81

gwennie81 Earning my ears

Ohhhhh....myyyyyy....Where do I start!?!

If you have kids (or if you don't) you can sign up to do the Kim Possible game. It's like a cell phone scavenger hunt around World Showcase. Not sure how much it costs, but usually you see the kids having a good time running around trying to get clues...

I think the best thing to do is start at Mexico at 11am. There is usually a mariachi band that comes out and plays. Go into the pyramid for a cute Donald boat ride and see the marketplace. Also, that's where La Cava Tequila is (doesn't open til noon). Margarita stand outside & Donald make appearances outside.

Norway has the adventurous boat ride & a good pastry shop. You can go into the Stave chapel there in front and see some creepy Vikings. Norway is where the princess character meal is. Also, restrooms are located here.

China has a great 360-degree film. Fun shops, a quick serve and sit-down restaurant. Mulan appears at the front gate.

Africa is kind of a transition country. Not much to do but you can play the bongos and lift up the Coke cooler lid for a refreshing surprise.

Germany has a yummy-smelling caramel shop, toy & Christmas shop, and the wine cellar. Also, the Biergarten restaurant and a quick-serve counter with brats & soft pretzels. Snow White appears here. (Restrooms are located by the train set)

Italy is next. There are street performers & wine shop. Via Napoli & another Italian restaurant are here.

America the Beautiful boasts restrooms, a quick-serve restaurant, an outdoor food stand, and a really great film/animatronic presentation about America's history. The Voices of Liberty perform in the rotunda. There is a drum and fife corps that performs outdoors in front of the fountain. Also, seasonally, there are concerts held at the America Gardens Theater.

Konichiwa! Japan is next! Climb the stone steps to the quick serve Yakitori House or dine in Teppan Edo. Go in the Mitsukoshi mall for fun merch! Try on a kimono! Dive for pearls! Browse the luxurious strands of Mikimoto pearls! Have some sake!
    Also, there is a neat anime exhibit.

Salaam! Morocco has the Tangerine Cafe quick serve as well as a sit-down restaurant. There is a neat Art of Adornment exhibit as well as the bazaar. Aladdin, Jasmine, and Genie make appearances. Mo'Roccan is a band that plays excellent music out by the lake. Belly dancer included. Restrooms are located here.

Bonjour et bienvenue a France. France has a film (of course), yummy patisserie, two sit-down restaurants, a wine shop...Sleeping Beauty, Belle, Beast, and Marie the Kitty make appearances.

U.K. is a party stop! There is a band that plays out at the gazebo hits from the UK from the Beatles to the Police. The Rose & Crown has a sit-down restaurant and walk-in pub. There is a quick serve fish & chips stand and walk up bar outdoors. Go in the toy store to visit Pooh, Tigger, & Eeyore. Mary Poppins & Alice can be greeted outside the tea shop. Restrooms are located here.

Canada is the last stop. Great film staring Martin Short is played inside the mountain. Le Cellier restaurant is located here. My favorite Disney band of all time, Off-Kilter rocks out in Canada. Listen to them if you like Canadian Rock, Rush, BTO, bagpipes, or all of the above. LOL!

In a nutshell, EPCOT IS THE BEST!!!!
  5. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

Part one....

[YOUTUBE]B4Q5DsKYPbw[/YOUTUBE]

Part two....

[YOUTUBE]rF3VDjUT3Nw[/YOUTUBE]
  6. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Kim Possible is free. :yes:

People watching at it's ultimate best!

We really enjoyed the segway tour of EPCOT (conducted before the World Showcase opens to the public).

One of the many neat little "things" about the World Showcase are the characters that pop up, and the very short (sometimes NONE) queues for them!
  7. WDW Vet

WDW Vet Forum Advertiser

World Showcase is our favorite place. There are so many shows and events going on. The shops are great to browse through. And the food is great. There are many stations in each pavilion where you can enjoy a little culinary culture. But Disney made the beers too big and I can't get half way around the world anymore.

But just stopping and sitting on a bench and taking all the sights, sounds and smells. It is a fantastic place. There is so much entertainment in all of world showcase. Off Kilter is one of our favorites and we've gotten friendly with Jamie and then band. A few years ago I went to WDW on business and went to Epcot for the evening to enjoy myself. And I have to say this: Disney is not to be enjoyed alone! So I stop to see Off Kilter and Jamie sees me and ask were is everyone. I told him I was on business and the family was back in NJ. So he smiled at me and said phone home when the set starts.

So the band comes on stage and I phone home and tell my wife I'm watching the band. So she says thanks for rubbing it in. I said Jamie said to call you guys. So the band comes on and Jamie looks at me and smiles. He says "What are you guys doing in NJ? You should be here! This song is for you! I heard my wife laughing as the sound of the band took over. But world showcase is wonderful and it is a must visit.
  8. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

A magical moment indeed :yes:
  9. gwennie81

gwennie81 Earning my ears

OK - Now that I know Kim P. is free... I may do it this next trip! LOL! It'll be great!

People watching . . . . 1 MILLION thumbs up! :thumbsup:

I did the Segway tour . . . . 100 MILLION thumbs up! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Also...WDW Vet, that is totally cool that Jamie dedicated a song to your fam at home! I think Off-Kilter is the best! So entertaining! They are ALWAYS up for talking to the fans after a show. And they LOVE it when the crowd dances and interacts during the show!
  10. rissamattmom

rissamattmom Earning my ears

If you have kids...there are KidCot funStop where the kids get to work on designing a mask and getting stamped and signed in each country. they also get a paper like charm added to the mask at each stop. Signs are clearly labled in each of the countries but the kids like exploring to find the stops. You can also purchase a passpart for the to get signed and stamped. Its actually fun for kids of all ages!!:wiggle: