1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

What is there to do on board?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line' started by mickey10, Jun 11, 2011.

1. mickey10

mickey10 Earning my ears

I love the idea of a Disney cruise I really do but I worry about being bored on board :lol:

What is there to do on these cruises? whats the food like?

Is there a trip report somewhere to read?
  2. catrancher

catrancher Assistant Cruise Director Forum Host

Bored? Ain't never gonna happen. The only problem with a Disney Cruise is that there isn't enough hours in the day to do all there is to do!

Every night of your Disney Cruise, you'll get something called a "Personal Navigator" delivered to your stateroom. This will have all the activities listed in it for the following day. If you're going to be in port, it will have port information like shopping, maps, things to do and see. If you're at sea, it will have the shipboard activities listed. And there's loads of them. Ship tours, movies, classes, special events. All kind of things. More things than you could possibly do in a day. Or... just grab a deck chair and a good book. Maybe go swimming in one of the onboard pools. Or on the new Disney Dream, ride the AquaDuck.

Dining is on a rotational basis. At least for the main dining. What this means is that you'll be assigned a dining table. Usually with some other folks. Typically, there'll be about 6 to 10 people at your table. For dinner, you'll all rotate together through each of 3 different restaurants. You'll eat dinner with the same people throughout the cruise and your wait staff will accompany you through each of these restaurants. A different restaurant each night. However, that's not the only dining options you have available. On the Disney Magic and the Disney Wonder, there is an adults only restaurant called "Palo". It's by special reservation only and like I said, it's adults only. It's a marvelous northern Italian restaurant that's truly a special occasion. On the new Disney Dream, there's 2 adults only restaurants. They have Palo like the other two ships but they also have "Remy". The new French restaurant inspired by the movie "Ratatouille".

There are numerous trip reports in the Trip Reports section. Here's the index from our own Slowhand when they last did the Northern Europe cruise on the Disney Magic: Slowhand's Northern Europe trip report index

Beyond that, here's the sticky I posted that will take you to the Disney Cruise Line podcasts.

These should help you out!

Tom :)macwave:... self appointed Assistant Cruise Director! :sail:)

PS - did I mention perhaps that I'm leaving on my 4th Disney Cruise in 9 days. Just sayin'.
  3. WDW Vet

WDW Vet Forum Advertiser

Bored is a term never used with a Disney Cruise. Amazing and Extrodinary yes. I've been on many different cruise lines but Disney is 2nd to none.
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2011
  4. DisneyFreak

DisneyFreak Serious Forum Regular

To elaborate on Tom's (who is on a DC right now) post, there is also a wonderful spa on board. There are also first run movies to see on a daily and nightly basis in the Lake Buena Vista Theater on Deck 5. They also run movies at night on Deck 9 on the jumbo screen at the family pool. Like he said, the options of things to do are endless.

The adult only restaurants are an additional charge of $15 per person for each seating if that is something you want to do instead of the rotational dinning.

Here are a couple samples of the Personal Navigators from out last cruise in Jan 2010:

http://wdisneysecrets.com/cruisepdfs...lNavigator.pdf
    http://wdisneysecrets.com/cruisepdfs...staTheatre.pdf
    http://wdisneysecrets.com/cruisepdfs...rPriceList.pdf
    http://wdisneysecrets.com/cruisepdfs...lNavigator.PDF
    http://wdisneysecrets.com/cruisepdfs...Promotions.PDF
  5. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

6. DisneyFreak

Keith had uploaded those for me. I wonder if they're not working anymore because of the updates to the forums.
  7. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

Hhhmmm, possibly have you sent him a PM to ask :unsure: I should think it would be easy enough to fix :yes:
  8. catrancher

On the Disney Dream, the Buena Vista Theater is on Deck 3 and 4 midships.
    We saw both "Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides" there as well as "Cars 2"! :thumbsup:

On the Dream, the movies are on Deck 11 at what they call "FunnelVision".

Beyond endless. We literally wouldn't have been able to do it all. You'd collapse from exhaustion trying.

We did have to make some choices. There were different things going on at the same time that we wanted to do but sadly, couldn't do both together.

There's actually two different adults only restaurants on the Dream. Palo, like on the Magic and Wonder. And Remy. We only did brunch at Palo. The charge there has gone up to $20 per person. But it's totally worth it. :yes:

Remy we didn't do. This is the adults only exclusive restaurant on a par with Victoria and Alberts at the GF. The charge here is $75 per person. :eek:

Oh... did I mention I rode the AquaDuck? :unsure:

Tom :)macwave:... still working on the "more to come" bit...)
  9. DisneyFreak

Tom, thanks for the updates for the Dream. I can't believe Remy is $75 per person. WOW!
  10. catrancher

Neither could we! :thud:

Nor Slowhand or our other dining partners. That's why none of us ate there! :mental:

Tom:)macwave:... maybe later...)