1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

What is wonderworks?

Discussion in 'Shopping & Other Activities' started by disney1sttimer, Feb 10, 2009.

1. disney1sttimer

disney1sttimer Earning my ears

What is wonderworks all about? I have a coupon from a guide book but dont know if its enough for a days fun?

2. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

You know? I've not ever been! I'm sure someone here has though...Keith perhaps? I can't truly remember.

3. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

We went in Jan. I had a buy one get one free coupon for the house part and the magic show.

It was fun but certainly not an entire day's worth of fun. Maybe just a couple of hours. I did really like the magic show though. They also have a laser tag place on the top floor but that costs extra as does all the video games on that floor.

4. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

So what is it? An experiential type of museum place, or a place where there are shows? A little of both? :unsure: I never really knew what went on in there. :lol:

5. Dizneyblonde

Dizneyblonde Secret's Birthday Fairy!

6. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

We've just done this teresa :yes:
    I think the tickets we got were called the ultimate tickets. We got to wander around Wonderworks as much as we liked. Also we each had a lasertag game which was more fun than I thought it would be. Also, the dinner show.

At the dinnershow you got unlimited cheese and pepperoni pizza, salad and popcorn! Also a slice of cake for dessert. Unlimited drinks too.

The show was quite funny but the magic was the 'slight of hand' type....don't expect a buidling to disappear :lol:

There is a few clips from Wonderworks in this video HERE after the Warbirds section. I do have quite a bit of video from our recent trip but haven't had time to upload it yet.

7. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

It's sort of a cross between the hands on stuff at a science museum and the stuff they have at Ripley's. The first floorhas a hurricane simulator, an earthquake simulator. All quite fun. There is a bed of nails you can lie on. There are all sorts of things.

There is unlimited beer, wine and soda at the dinner show as well. I had a bit of wine and apparently it goes to my head :unsure: I laughed a bit much at the show.

If you can get your hands on an Orlando Entertainment book, the coupon is well worth it. It was $40 each for the exhibits and the show. Since we had the BOGO free coupon, we only paid $40.

8. Ursula

Ursula Cast Member

We enjoyed it one rainy day... once done it's done you don't go back. You get some great pics in front of the building though.