What Old Attractions Do You Miss at Walt Disney World

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World and Disney Springs' started by Wendy, Feb 21, 2015.

1. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou Makuakane Staff Member Administrator

With all the changes that have been happening at Walt Disney World, I was thinking about all the attractions that have been closed to make way for the new things.

I miss Snow White's ride and Toytown.

What do you miss?

2. Tink

Tink Administrator Staff Member Administrator

The original Figment, the double decker buses in EPCOT, and the Bahama Mama bus (The Junkanoo). Miss the Living Statues and Bella Nova, too.

3. uscwest

uscwest Well-Known Member

Mr. Toad's Wild Ride

4. Beccaberry

Beccaberry Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Website Manager/IT
    What was Toytown, Wen? I don't remember that!

I miss Cranium Command (but I'm super excited about the new Pixar movie coming out called Inside Out, it seems quite similar!)
    I also miss the Living Statues and Off Kilter in Epcot. I miss the acapella group Four for a Dollar that used to perform before the Beauty & The Beast show in MGM. Timekeeper, Toon Town, Tapestry of Dreams....

*sigh*

5. Watchinherskip

Watchinherskip Well-Known Member

Teacher/planetarium director
    Great question....got me thinking and remembering what has gone to pass. I am so with Becca..loved and truly miss Tapestry of Nations. The soundtrack is haunting and it was so awesome to view.

Like Tink, I loved seeing the double decker buses near the world showcase dropping off characters for meet and greet. Have wonderful memories of DD Alex skipping off to get autographs with her ginormous pen and autograph book.

Other things that are missed: the back lot tour where you went through the suburban setting seeing the homes decorated at Christmas, The Hunchback of Notre Dame show (it was wonderful, wonder why it wasn't developed for broadway like Lion King?

I guess Toon Town was cool back in the day as well. It started getting a bit long in the tooth after a while though, guess it was time to change.

I actaully liked the sky ride in MK. It was nice to people watch but guess it was a hazard with kids floating above crowds..no telling what they would do.

I liked the World of Motion (but think test track is an better exhibit). Too bad they couldn't just keep it along with develop the Test Track.

There used to be a great little coffee shop near the fountains in Epcot. Forget what it was called, but loved to start the day with a coffee and danish from there.

Also two others that I was selected to be a part of, Moster Sound Show and SuperStar Televsision. The first you got to make sound effects on a Foley Stage and the other one I was selected to be a "detective" on the Golden Girls.