1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

what shall I do first ?

Discussion in 'Intro's and Welcomes!' started by disney1sttimer, Jun 14, 2008.

1. disney1sttimer

disney1sttimer Earning my ears

Hi everyone, I am so excited as I will be visting disney in august. I am travelling with my husband and 2 children and we are staying at port orleans riverside. what park shall I go to first ? I will be asking lots of questions in the next two months so we can make the most of our trip. :):)
  2. UKTim

UKTim Earning my ears

OOOOO congratulations you'll have a great trip :cool:

We always go to magic kingdom first to get into the disney mood. If you arrive on the weekend though, MK can be really busy but Animal Kingdom (best done in the morning) will be quieter or EPCOT and don't forget to see illumination of Earth which is just the best firework show ever (until you see Wishes at Magic Kingdom)

Please ask anything you like :)
  3. mumof2

mumof2 Serious Forum Regular

Hi disney1sttimer!
  4. SleepinCatz

SleepinCatz Fluffeh Disney Fan

Hi!! How old are the kids? If they are young ones then definately go to Magic Kingdom 1st. Nothing like seeing thier faces light up that very first time on Mainstreet :)
  5. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

Hi, I'm new too, just thought I'd say hello :)

It's always the Magic Kingdom for us on our first day so we can enjoy our first Dole Whip :D
  6. disney1sttimer

Hi everyone and thanks for being so friendly! I think we will try magic kingdom first but does it open early in the mornings and can we get a bus from port orleans?
  7. Dawn

Dawn carpe diem-ing Forum Host

Yes you can get a bus from your resort to pretty much anywhere else on Disney property. :thumbs_up:
  8. disney1sttimer

thanks dawn another worry out of the way
  9. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

If you get to the park a bit before opening you can watch the opening ceremony. It's a cute little show and gets everyone in the mood!

Disney Transport will take you to any park, DTD and with transfers, to any resort. So, if you want to have a meal at another resort, don't hesitate to make an ADR. Just leave about an hour's travel time so you can get there. Usually, going from one resort to another requires a transfer at DTD or TTC.

Depending upon when you arrive, if you don't want to use a ticket on the first day, you can always go to DTD. That's what we used to do when we lived in the north east and flew in. The first and last day of our vacation were always at DTD.

Have a great time! :welcome1:
  10. Taja

Taja Earning my ears

Welcome, disney1sttimer! Although I have a feeling we'll probably abbreviate your name to DFT! Even my fingers were a bit tangled with that one! *LOL* You'll see various abbreviations regularly as the site grows.

You're going to want to do a bit of planning with park hours and such, so you have an idea of where you want to be and when. You don't need a tight itinerary, but a general outline is a good idea.

If you have young children, though, I'm with the others who suggest MK as the first park. It's still my favourite--although I'm partial to EPCOT, as well! :)
  11. mainecoon lover

mainecoon lover Addicted to Mickey

Welcome to our family disney1sttimer