1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

What strange things have you seen at Disney World

Discussion in 'Disney Secrets!' started by Wendy, Jun 30, 2011.

1. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

A few years back we rented a boat from GF and went on the lake for a while. When we were going from the Magic Kingdom to the Wilderness Lodge via the campground, we saw a tree in the water with shoes hanging off it.

When we returned to shore, we asked the Cast Member what it was and he said "when CMs finally leave their job at WDW, they take their shoes and hang them on that tree so that a part of them stays with Disney forever"

Now I have no idea if that is true or if he was teasing :lol: We have some photos somewhere I'll see if I can find them.

Has anyone else seen the tree :D or anything else that is different from the usual Disney sights :D

Last edited: Jun 30, 2011
  2. DisneyFreak

DisneyFreak Serious Forum Regular

Re: The Shoe Tree

This is the first I have heard of this. I have never seen this tree but have noticed an odor coming from Bay Lake when the wind is blowing a certain direction. :unsure: :wink2:

3. foreverducky

foreverducky Addicted to Mickey

Not that this is really strange, but the irony of it makes me chuckle. During my first trip to the very family oriented and wholesome WDW I sat next to a man and his mistress on the safari ride in AK. I know this as they were talking about his wife.

Yes, it's a reality in the real world, but come on, this is disney. Cheat somewhere else.

4. catrancher

catrancher Assistant Cruise Director Forum Host

:yeahthat:

Tom :)macwave:... owner of strong opinions!)

5. DisneyFreak

DisneyFreak Serious Forum Regular

Maybe his wife hates Disney? :unsure:

At the very least don't talk about it openly. :nono:

6. catrancher

catrancher Assistant Cruise Director Forum Host

Not sure how strange this is but...

One year, we were riding the bus to one of the parks from POR. The bus was pretty crowded but we had a seat and were happy about it. Overheard the people in the seat in front of us talking about the weather back where they were from. We'd been having a horrible drought so were interested to hear what these people were saying about their weather. Well, they were having a horrible drought also.

Why is that so strange?

Because, as it turned out, they live right across the street from us! :eek:

Small World... innit? :mental:

Tom :)macwave:... why yes. We were surprised.)

7. ukwdwnut

ukwdwnut Director of Recruitment Forum Host

should it really matter to anyone else tho...just saying :lol:

8. Roller Blaning Custodian

Roller Blaning Custodian Earning my ears

During my college program in the fall of 05 I was eating lunch in the cast member cafeteria in the tunnels of MK, and sitting at the table next to us was two cinderallas, belle, snow whit and maleficent. Just talking and kidding around like it was normal. which to them it was. But to me that was pretty surreal.

9. ColeeC

ColeeC Earning my ears

A favorite pasttime for our family while visiting Walt Disney World is what my husband and brother term as "creeping". They edge into someone else's picture and get the other to take a photo of them in the other party's photo. Sounds crazy, but they sure have a ball and the photos have made for fantastic scrapbook pages, not to mention new friends when someone finally spots them and says, "What the HECK are you doing?????"

Once on the POP bus, we watched a lady remove a headful of rollers and style her hair. Her husband held the mirror for her the whole way to Magic Kingdom.

10. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

:lol: :lol:

11. gwennie81

gwennie81 Earning my ears

There was one time I was at Epcot, I kept seeing people with their shoes off. I probably saw 10 people without shoes that day.

A couple Halloweens ago, I saw an old lady driving her scooter through Canada, and then looked again and realized it was an old man in drag! LOL! His granddaughter ran up and said, "Oh, Grandpa! You look so cute!!" LOL!

Last year when I saw Peter Noone perform, a guy in full hippie gear got up on the stage and started playing guitar with them to "Mrs. Brown". At first I thought it was a British Invasiton member, but then I realized it was just some guy!

12. gwennie81

gwennie81 Earning my ears

I also saw a little boy tinkle over the side of the boat in It's A Small World.

Note: DO NOT EVER TOUCH ANY WATER IN ANY RIDE!
    I've heard that if you fall in the Jungle River Cruise, you automatically need a tetanus shot because they've never changed out the water in there (not sure that's completely true because of rainfall and drainage, etc.)

13. KarleeInWonderland

KarleeInWonderland Earning my ears

One time , my sister and I were walking around Hollywood Studios and we saw an old man in a grass skirt singing that song from The Lion King 1 1/2 . Haha . Good times . ♥:point:

14. josh.p.

josh.p. Addicted to Mickey

Far too many to even begin to list here! 0

One guest that sticks out in particular was a lady who came up to me during Disney Junior: Live on Stage, and said "Excuse me... I really need to p**s. Where is the nearest bathroom?"

:thud:

15. SleepinCatz

SleepinCatz Fluffeh Disney Fan

I am assuming you mean besides me when asking about strange things sighted at WDW lol.....

where to begin....there was the prince and princess that walked past me to go to the restrooms....the princess went into the mens room and the prince into the ladies......yeah almost looked like an owl when I saw that one lol. My hubby informed me the princess was in the right place lolololol

16. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

I can`t remember if I mentioned this before, but one thing sticks in my mind.
    A few years ago we had dinner at the California Grill and after dinner I went outside on the rooftop to view the castle etc. where I heard some folks singing "My kind of town Chicago is" etc.etc.
    I found the source of the singing to be coming from the external stairs where I looked down to see Goofy and Chip [or Dale :unsure:] with their arms around each others shoulders, belting out the song and kicking their legs in the air like showgirls!
    I shouted to them "Hey I never knew you guys could talk, let alone sing", to which they put their hands to their mouths and dashed back into the building.....I`ve never seen anyone move so quickly. :lol:

17. Kate

Kate Serious Forum Regular

hahaha! that ones really funny - id love to see something like that!! bet they thought they were going to be in big trouble!!