1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

What time to arrive for fireworks?

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World' started by partygirl, Jul 17, 2011.

1. partygirl

partygirl Earning my ears

What time would you get to the parks to get a good position for the fireworks? Both epcot and magic kingdom?

I've read some people get there an hour or more before, can that be right?
  2. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

I really don`t think it`s very important to be at the MK too early for the fireworks as you can get a good view from most places in the park.
    It always amuses me how folks pick their front line spot at Epcot for Illuminations at around 2 hours before the show starts!
    A lot of the action is up in the air so I really don`t see the need to be desperate to get to the front, right by the lake.
    I`ve always managed to get a good view of Illuminations around the France/UK pavillion areas close to the bridge between the two "countries"around 30 minutes or so before it starts.
  3. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

I'm with Slowhand. The early arrival really isn't that necessary! If you must be in a certain place, then yes I suppose.

The World Showcase Lagoon is chock full of good places. Many folks like to be close to an exit, so that will make some areas fill in quicker. We prefer to be far from the exits and have a leisurely stroll out... very nice!

In MK one of the hidden gems of the fireworks is to be up by the carousel area. The view is without the castle but pretty dramatic none the less. :yes: