1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

What type of place is applebees?

Discussion in 'Restaurants, Dining, Dining Plans' started by UKTim, Sep 21, 2008.

1. UKTim

UKTim Earning my ears

another workmate came back raving about applebees and just wondered what type of food they had there?

2. lisaw

lisaw Serious Forum Regular

I've seen them but never eaten in one

www.applebees.com

Looks like casual family dining. :)

3. Britchick

Britchick Cast Member

the one we used to go to was fine in south carolina, i wonder if the quality is different in different places like some other chains.

4. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

It's gotten better lately than it used to be. I like their Oriental chicken salad and the brushetta burger.

5. malcolm

malcolm Villa Owner

I was in the one on the US27 by the Publix last week and sat at the bar and had a couple of beers and some food, it was nicer than sitting at a table as i was on my own but i do recomend it. Out of choice i would go to Applebees rather than Chilis

6. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

Applebee's is a relatively inexpensive family dining establishment. I went to my first one ever while I was on a business trip to San Antonio Texas a several years ago. Now we have one just down the street from the house that we frequent whenever we want to just go out and have a bite to eat without having to drive too far.

7. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Applebee's is in the same category as TGI Friday's, Bennigan's, Hoolihan's, TGI Friday's... fast food in a table service setting. I don't care for it, but I don't like any of those places really. :(

For the cost I'd rather go to Publix and get a rotisserie chicken, baguette, and brie with a bottle of wine, I have a nice dinner. :shrug: Personal taste, eh? :D

8. Watchinherskip

Watchinherskip Better known as "That Guy"

All that said, they sort of think of themselves as a "local" pub or tavern and usually have a good portion of the place plastered with local high school stuff, sport uniforms, yearbooks etc. You get a look at the local story when you visit the national chain, oh yeah, food is ok...nothing to write home about.:yes: