1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

whats a nice disney restaurant for a special occasion?

Discussion in 'Restaurants, Dining, Dining Plans' started by jojo, May 22, 2009.

1. jojo

jojo Imagineer

Hi

when we're at disney we'll be celebrating our anniversay and a birthday as well :) we'd like to visit a nice disney restaurant but last time we were there we only went to pizza places

what disneyworld restaurant would you recommend for a special celebration?
  2. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

For a special celebration I ALWAYS recommend Victoria & Albert's. However, it is VERY expensive. For great food at a lower price our favorites are JIKO in the AKL, Citrico's in the GF and the Yachtsman Steak House in the Yacht Club.
  3. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

One of the most beautiful and romantic meals we've shared is the Degustation menu at Chefs du France (upstairs in the World Showcase's France pavilion). :yes:

The menu was incredible (if you go to our review section, you can read about it there) and came with perfect wine pairings (or not, as you choose). :yes:

I think it is one of those semi-hidden gems of Walt Disney World, as most people head for the more well known signature restaurants. :yes:

If you want a bit of a unique experience (decor wise anyway) Todd English's BlueZoo is at the Dolphin. It's improved quite a bit since opening, and would be a nice place for a special meal, particularly if you really enjoy seafood, or a raw bar. :yes:

Artist Point at Wilderness Lodge offers a very nice menu. :yes: It's considered "American" (whatever that is supposed to mean :D ) with strong presentations of meat and potatoes, but done creatively. If you ask for the corner table (as you enter to the hard right) you'll have a lovely view.
  4. uscwest

Uhhh Tink, That would be Bistro de Paris that is upstairs. Chefs de France is the downstairs. And I agree it is great food.
  5. Tink

Oh right. I always want the Chefs to be upstairs! LOL.

Thanks for the clarification John! :hug2:
  6. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

Which is the better more upscale one? bistro or chefs de france?

I agree with all the suggestions especially v&a. Expensive but worth every cent.

I didn't enjoy Citricos although I know a lot of people do. We had some very tasteless salmon there.

I'd definitely add the California Grill at the Contemporary. Even if you dont get a window seat to see the fireworks, it's worth it just for the atmosphere
  7. uscwest

Bistro Keith
  8. Tink

The Bistro is upstairs and is the more upscale/gourmet restaurant. :yes:
  9. keith

10. Mari

Mari Serious Forum Regular

we LOVED Bistro de Paris...

The place if beautiful, you have amazing views of the Lagoon and other showcase countries, the food is delicious and the waiters, at least when we were there, we really nice...

IT is a bit more expensive, but not a smuch as you may think, and the food is REALLY worth it! :)
  11. keith

Thanks Mari! I think we'll try and get there this time :yes:
  12. kazzaqld

kazzaqld Addicted to Mickey

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    We went to California Grill in 2007 and loved it - lovely food and great servers! And wonderful atmosphere. :thumbsup:

And a great fireworks view!
  13. *Bambi-Belle*

*Bambi-Belle* Imagineer

We loved our Christmas dinner at Artist Point. unlike some other Disney restaurants the tables are well spaced out so feels much more private and intimate which is lovely for a romantic occasion or family celebration. It's also not as noisy as some other places. There are some tables that look out over silver creek falls and Bay lake. Ooooh and they have a fabulous choice of Washington state and Oregon wines. :thumbsup:

I think for a Birthday though The Californian Grill would be lovely as it has a very lively fun atmosphere, then of course the view of the Magic Kingdom Fireworks.:wiggle:
  14. Tink

BambiBelle, isn't Artist Point, lovely? :yes: We met the Executive Chef for that restaurant (some time ago now) and he was totally committed to providing the freshest and most nicely prepared dishes he could create.

I really love that resort for its atmosphere and theme. :yes: It would be a wonderful place to have Christmas dinner! Do you have any photos of your dinner there by any chance? :D
  15. *Bambi-Belle*

*Bambi-Belle* Imagineer

We adore the Wilderness Lodge. We keep saying we will stay somewhere different but we always end up back there. I would maybe love to try the Beach club one day but even the pull of the fabulous pool at the Beach club can't convince my DH and kids to try it.

Our Christmas holiday was just perfect and I credit that to all the lovely Disney cast members but the wilderness lodge cast members were just truly wonderful. :wiggle:

I didn't take any photos of our food as my family think that's strange :unsure: but here is our Christmas day from my trip report. I have listed all the lovely food we had to eat.

http://wdisneysecrets.com/forums/tr...g-christmas-adventure-wilderness-day-5-a.html

shall look through my photos to see if I have anymore pictures of Artist Point.:thumbsup:
  16. Tink

Ooooh! Thanks for the link back! :yes: I remember viewing the reports when they first went up. :yes: I remember thinking your eldest had a "Harry Potteresque" look about him! :D Beautiful boys. :yes:

You would really love the Beach Club too. :D :D I say that because I do! :lol: Perhaps you could split a stay sometime. Start at the BC and finish at WL? That way you'd know you were having the best of both worlds. :yes:

BC is a great summertime resort (as WL is perfect for Christmas)! :D