1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

whats aquatica and is it good

Discussion in 'SeaWorld/Discovery Cove/Aquatica' started by disneymom, Jul 21, 2008.

1. disneymom

disneymom Imagineer

I havent seen this in any of my guide books although theyre a few years old

anyone been? is it worth the time?

2. Dawn

Dawn carpe diem-ing Forum Host

It's the new water park opened by Sea World. It's only been opened a few months. Currently getting mixed reviews. Some are saying it's too crowded with 2 hour waits for a 20 second water slide, while others are saying it's the best water park they've been too.

Our member Steven visited recently. I think there's a trip report here about that day if you look in the trip report forum. If there isn't I'll get him to post a review. :)

3. Jazmine

Jazmine Dancing Queen!

We went a couple of weeks ago none of us were terribly impressed with it as youve mentioned long lines for the slides, also one of the bigger slides join the lazy river at the start point which is really silly as you have to squeeze past people with your ring :rolleyes008: the kids area looked good apart from being closed down for an hour (something was floating in the water) ,i overheard someone asking the lifeguard what it was and she said "well i wont say but we will have to use some chemicals "and then started to laugh :shocked025: we prefer Typhoon Lagoon or Blizzard Beach :yes:
    Jacqui xxx

4. disneymom

disneymom Imagineer

Thanks! I think we will give it a miss this time

5. Steven

Steven Earning my ears

As Dawn said, I went twice during my trip in May. I ( and my family) thought it was amazing. We've been to the 3 other big water parks in Orlando and this is by far the best.
    We got there literally seconds after opening, parked close to the entrance both times.. Did the slides in the first house.. Walked straight on them all.. No queues.

I can't wait to go back next year. :D

6. Shellyamc

Shellyamc Serious Forum Regular

Ok, so what makes it better? We have never been, so I want to make an informed choice here :lol:

7. Steven

Steven Earning my ears

LOL!
    OK tbh , the super speedy river rapids. :p No I joke, they are good though. :D

It's just the tranquilty of it.. Sat there on a beach.. you could be a million miles away from the hustle and bustle that is I.Drive. The theming is good, the slides etc are cool. ( Except the Dolphin plunge.. big disapointment)

I just loved it.. But peoples opinions differ don't they ? 9/10 may not like it, I just like to be awkward. :p

8. Shellyamc

Shellyamc Serious Forum Regular

:lol: Yes, people always have their own ideas. I always like to take the reasons people like something and the reasons people don't and see where I might fit into that.

Thanks for the info :)