1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

What's at celebration?

Discussion in 'General' started by buzzchamp, Jan 20, 2009.

1. PsychoAlice

PsychoAlice Resident Anarchist

As per wikipedia (Im bored and have nothing else to do!)

Sticker shock is a United States term for the feeling of surprise experienced by consumers upon finding unexpectedly high prices on the price tags (stickers) of products they are considering purchasing. The term is commonly thought to have originated with high automobile sticker prices in the U.S. in the late 1970s or early 1980s, as inflation and increasing government regulation of automotive safety and environmental issues greatly increased car prices.

2. candyman

candyman Earning my ears

thank you

3. Ursula

Ursula Cast Member

So what would happen if you did leave your garage door up longer and broke some rules continously?.... What do they do.... beat your ass out of town with sticks?

4. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Sort of. They'll fine you and if you don't pay the fines they will put a lien against your house. With continued violation of the HOA rules you will get continued fines that increase over time. Depending upon the type of rule you are violating, you can actually be forced to move.

5. Ursula

Ursula Cast Member

Bliddy hell..... whilst that's good for yobbish types it's abit harsh.

6. BigThunder

BigThunder a cool thingy

i think these rules for neighborhoods all began with good intent. I mean, our first house was in a nice neighborhood but yet we had this neighbor that was, well, very white trash. For a year, a delapidated, rusted out car sat out on blocks in front of his house on the street. There was nothing that could be done because this tiny neighborhood of 10 houses had no ordinances so even tho everyone else kept a nice & neat house we all had to endure these folks (& i was lucky enough to live beside of them). The other thing I recall (of oh so many things) that nearly put me over the edge was when he hung up his deer he'd killed hunting & gutted them in his front yard. It was horrible, I couldn't stand those people.
    But common sense rules, like, no car on blocks in your front yard, have now turned into insane rules like you can't own a pick up truck. Snooty for snottys sake I suppose, idk.

7. PsychoAlice

I have a 1941 Willies in my yard...rims but no tires...it runs but has no seats... :unsure: and its under a tarp..

8. candyman

candyman Earning my ears

you have 1941 willies in your yard?
    thats an aweful lot of willies lol
    steve

9. pinkemma

pinkemma Earning my ears

I finally managed to get hold of one of the books about Celebration and it's origins.

For any Disney fans who like the finer detail this is a very interesting and fascinating read, 'Celebration, USA - Living in Disney's Brave New Town'.

I can't wait to visit and see how much it's changed from the original concept. All those restrictions sound perfect to me!!!! :worship:

10. Skywatcher

Skywatcher Chief Astronomer

I was always a bit creeped out by the idea of Celebration sounded a bit 'Stepford' to me

11. Britchick

Britchick Cast Member

we lived in a neighbour hood with quite strict restrictions and we violated a few rules :unsure: apparently you're not allowed a pink flamingo on your front lawn oh and one of my blades of grass was above 2 " for more than a day but it was a nice place to live.

12. PsychoAlice

LMAO....wishful thinking...

Think WW2 jeep

13. Disneybumble

Disneybumble The Secret is in the Sauce.

It reminds me of the Jim Carey film "The Truman Show". We had the offer to live in Munich , Germany. But the rules were way to restrictive for an airhead like me. No washing out on A Sunday, no washing out between 3-5. Forget it , I would be in a right two aqnd eight. Wondering what day etc.
    Hence i have never let my DD's have Days of the week knickers. Far to much stress.

14. BigThunder

BigThunder a cool thingy

It is very Stepford...very Disney actually. But to me that's part of the attraction. But I can promise that same attraction would wear very thin on me fast & I probably couldn't cut it as a Celebration wife & mom. I have an idea how they probably are ;)