1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

What's August like?

Discussion in 'General' started by Isafari, Jan 22, 2010.

1. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

Thank you all so much for your comments and views, they have helped enormously.

We were thinking of trying to budget for this August for two weeks as we have AP's for WDW/BG/SW. It would be on a shoestring budget with no bells and whistles! The very basic of everything including eateries and car hire.

The main reason being I can't get the time off from work for our usual length of stay next Chrustmas :thumbsdown: Another factor will be if DH can get the August 2 weeks off from work.....he has the holidays but will only get them approved if no one else has booked the same dates.

Any money saving tips are very welcome :yes:

2. arkvilla

arkvilla Addicted to Mickey

If you register online at off site restaurants for example TGI' Fridays red Stripe club they send you coupons online such as Buya meal get a free deink or buy a meal get one free.

Sweet Tomatoes also send regular coupons.

lots of places like Manny's do Early Bird Menues so check taht ur as well.

Car hire we always use Car Hire in the USA and Orlando Florida with U.S. Rent A Car always get a good deal - if you check out the site Budget often do a free upgrade.

Sandra

3. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell Imagineer

Oh no, does this mean I won't get to meet up with you this Christmas?

I'm just gonna have to get a train and come up there then! :taunt:

4. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

You don't get out of it that easy! We will hopefully still be going next Christmas but for half the time we normally go for.
    Nothing for the Christmas or August is set in stone until we get letters back from work saying yes or no.

5. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

The best money saving measure for food is to use the Publix (or other) grocery store to its best advantage.

Of course, this works only if you have a kitchen, or at the very least a microwave and refrigerator.

Publix (and now Whole Foods, but they are much pricier) has an extensive offering of prepared foods, like those famous rotisserie chickens :D and a great deli where very nice submarine or wrap sandwiches can be made. They even offer peeled hard boiled eggs!

If you did all of your "dining" from Publix, you'd save a bundle.

6. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

Very true Tink. :thumbsup:
    I LOVE their deli steak and cheese melt sandwiches and many a time I get one for lunch when we are staying at our villa on a "rest" day.