1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

What's Citricos like?

Discussion in 'Restaurants, Dining, Dining Plans' started by iluvdisney, May 26, 2011.

1. iluvdisney

iluvdisney Imagineer

I thought we'd try bistro de paris but hearing some bad things about it recently so whats citricos like both for food and atmosphere?

2. lisaw

lisaw Serious Forum Regular

We have been once and are booked to go again this year, I loved it, we had a fantastic server (always there when you needed him but also kept out of our way, very good at explaining things but didn't force his opinions on us which is a bit of a pet hate of mine). The kids were amde to feel very welcome too. It feels quite classy and elegant but still relaxed, we were there early so it was fairly quiet. I just think it has a lovely feel about it.

That said we had one very good experience and I am actually feeling quite nervous that this year won't live up to that - we will see. I was so disappointed with our California Grill experience (mainly due to a snooty server who thought she was far too good to be serving us and also under-par food for the money spent) and yet many love it there and return again and again.

3. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

I really like the california grill *BUT* yep, it can be variable especially in terms of the servers. We asked to wait for a window table last time "we'll wait till after the fireworks no problem, however long it takes, just want to be able to look out at the castle"

Got a rather snotty reply followed by them trying to seat us in the very back of the restaurant in the middle. When I politely reminded them that we were waiting for a window table she said "it could be hours or not even this evening".

There really can be quite a "customers are SO much trouble" feel to the place. Other times you get a great server and brilliant.

Citricos is our nemisis. We always seem to go when it's closed :lol: To avoid this, we actually booked and arrived.... yep, closed :) apparently impossible with the dining booking system yet it happened. We finally did get to dine there and it was "ok" but nothing wonderful. They recommended the white salmon to us which was tasteless IMHO.

I do want to try it again though so maybe the next trip :yes:

4. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

We love Citrico's. Its menu changes with the season. We have always gotten great service and great meals there. I'm surprised to hear that anyone is saying bad things about Bistro de Paris as it has ALWAYS been top notch and IMHO the best restaurant in EPCOT.

5. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

I wasn't WOWed by the Bistro on our recent trip a few weeks back. I found the service formulaic and laboured. As if they'd been shown how to do it but found it quite trying to have to bother. Food wise it was the best I'd had in EPCOT including le cellier although it wasn't so good that I'd rush to go back.

I'm going to have to try Citricos again though, I do feel like I need to give them another chance

6. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

Citrico`s is a lovely restaurant and it has more of an "adult" feel to it, although children are allowed.
    I too am surprised that bad comments are flying around concerning the Bistro de Paris.
    Both BdP and Citrico`s are on our must do list of restaurants for dinner every time we visit WDW.