1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Whats good to see at Celebration?

Discussion in 'Other Florida Parks and Attractions' started by mgmjim, Jan 16, 2010.

1. mgmjim

mgmjim Earning my ears

question says it all, we've never been to celebration, is there a lot to see and do there?

If it's a good idea, then how far away and hard to find is it?

2. arkvilla

arkvilla Addicted to Mickey

Celebration is one of our favourite places for an afternoon stroll.

There are 3 lakes to walk or cycle around ( cycle hire is $15 for an hour) and there are lots of shops and places to eat.

We love Kilwins where they sell delicious ice cream sundaes and chocolates, milk shakes etc.

There's rocking chairs by the first lake where you can sit and wile away the time.

For small children there is a water fountain feature where the littles ones play ( be sure to take spare clothes)

Here's a photo from our recent visit :-

[​IMG]

It's lovely but some people don't like it as they think it's a bit Stepford Wives... but we love it :)

Here's the link to the Celebration website:-

Welcome to Celebration, Florida

Sandra

3. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Celebration has a small farmer's market on Sunday mornings. :yes: Also, they have festivals throughout the year. If you catch one of those it's fun!

There is a little pub style place just down from the coffee shop on the corner (it's across from the lake, so you will be sure to see it). Well worth a visit. A nice little place that makes a yummy warm port! :yes: (Sorry, I'm terrible with names). :(

You used to be able to rent a segway for runs around the lake on a pathway. Haven't checked in some time so I don't know if it's still there or not.

The restaurants there ... well... they are not our favorites. :sorry: Columbia is so inconsistent we've given up. The seafood place, all too often has old seafood and that's it for me. :( The diner place, meh. Poor service mostly. Antonios there is part of a local chain, but again plagued with what seems to be problems intrinsic to Celebration (poor service, and low quality food).

It's still worth a visit though. Have a walk around, spend a Sunday morning... or catch a festival. :yes:

Winter is fun, they have "snow" in the streets. :D

4. Britchick

Britchick Serious Forum Regular

anybody tried the sushi place?

5. Tink

No, and I wouldn't there. Unfair? Absolutely, but I've had no experience at Celebration's restaurants to convince me that it would be fresh enough.

There is an incredible sushi/Japanese restaurant in Winter Garden Villages. :yes:

6. Tink

Oh, meant to say I'm one who finds the place sterile overall, Stepford Wives... yep.

But that is in reference to living there. I never would. Way too many restrictions.

It is a very nice little place to visit though. :yes:

7. Britchick

what's the sushi place called Tink?

Sometimes i crave the Stepford wife thing- this morning mainly after having come home from work showered and gone for a night out the house is chaos! spent all morning tidying up! wouldn't want anyone telling me what i could or couldn't put in my yard though! LOL

8. arkvilla

arkvilla Addicted to Mickey

If you click on the link I've posted and then the dining link it brings up all the celebration Restaurants

Celebration, FL | Dining

Sandra

9. daveann

daveann Addicted to Mickey

one of my favorite places is to sit on a rocking chair and watch the world go by :) its very quiet and nice to get away from the noise of disney i had never been until Dave took me last year and now when we go i insist on a trip :) one of these times we are going to do the segway tour :)
    last year and this year we caught the tail end of the halloween decorations they looked lovely. its just a nice quiet get away and relax time :)

10. lisaw

lisaw Serious Forum Regular

We had a very nice lunch at the Market Street Cafe last year, nothing fancy but a good plact to stop for a nice, relatively (to Disney) cheap meal :yes: we had a nice mooch around the shops and waterfront too :)

11. Tink

The sushi place at Winter Garden Village is Aji Teppan. They actually have uni there! :yes: Hard to find. It outshines Ran Gitsu by a mile, and previously that was our favorite place for Japanese/sushi.

12. Britchick

thank you Tink! we love Sushi so will look forward to that. :thumbsup: