1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

whats saratoga springs like?

Discussion in 'Resorts, Hotels, DVC, Villas' started by iasmguy, Aug 11, 2008.

1. iasmguy

iasmguy Earning my ears

It seems like a good location for downtown disney but I never see people talking about it? has anyone stayed there?
  2. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Oh geez! I forgot to include this on the "where have you stayed thread!" :lol:

Yes, we've stayed at this resort twice. :yes: It's similar in scope to OKW but is still under construction in parts so not all of it is accessible yet. We were not disturbed by the construction at all.

The rooms/villas are very nice. The main pool is fun, and they have a full spa there with the opportunity for all sorts of lovely "treatments."

The Turf Room is now a full service restaurant and that was what this resort desperately needed. It had a weird and limited food court. Not sure how that is set up now as we've not been by there since the Turf Room became full service.

It's a short ferry ride to DTD or a nice (short) walk. :yes: Would definitely recommend a stay here. :yes:
  3. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

Ricardo and his wife [who works at SSR] took us there for dinner last year and we had no complaints at all. [Mind you we may have received some special treatment courtesy of our dining companions! :lol:]
    I honestly can`t remember what was on the menu but I do recall it being very varied and catering for all tastes.
  4. cathydisneynut

cathydisneynut Earning my ears

We own DVC there, it is lovely, but you will be deafened by the NYE fireworks if you stay then! We will be in a 2 bed next visit.
  5. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

You know, this is one resort that I havent seen much of! Do you have any photos?

I'd love to know what it looks like inside
  6. cathydisneynut

cathydisneynut Earning my ears

No, not many, and not inside, but I will take loads for the site this visit.
  7. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

brilliant thanks :D