1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Whats the best disney/wdw/orlando guide book?

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World' started by pigletpete, May 30, 2009.

1. pigletpete

pigletpete Imagineer

Hi we havent had a new guide book for about three years now and I wondered if there were any new ones or if the unofficial guide was still the best?

2. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

In my opinion, it would have to be the Unofficial Guide. They do a 'Walt Disney World' and a 'Beyond Disney'

However, I haven't bought any since '07. I find any information I need these days right here. :yes:

3. lisaw

lisaw Serious Forum Regular

I buy most of them :rolleyes: :lol:

The Unofficial guide is probably the most detailed overall and gives the good and the bad.

The Brits Guide to Orlando and WDW is very informative and goes into a lot of detail about Orlando in general.

Disneys Passporter I love as it's a keepsake and planner as well as a guide book and their Disney resort guides are very detailed.

Birnbaums guide to WDW I like for the nice colour photographs :D

4. daveann

daveann Addicted to Mickey

i like my disney passporter :)

5. Kate

Kate Serious Forum Regular

Do you think its worth buying a book? Our next trip will be our 4th trip and ive not bought a planning book before, but i dont want to miss out on anything!!

6. Dawn

Dawn carpe diem-ing Forum Host

Honestly I think you can find all the planning information you need right here. But then I'm going to say that anyway. :D

I buy guide books because it adds to the excitement. Reading about all the things you are going to do. I love the Passporter as a planning tool. Unofficial guide is probably the most honest and comprehensive. The Brit's Guide also is very comprehensive for planning from our side of the Atlantic.

There are also niche guides too - budget guides, disney with or without kids guides, money no object guides. You could go mad on guides really. :lol: