1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Whats the best etiquette for a villa stay?

Discussion in 'Resorts, Hotels, DVC, Villas' started by Cinderella94, Apr 18, 2011.

1. Cinderella94

Cinderella94 Earning my ears

hope some of you villa experts can see this :worship: I could do with a list of things to do or not to do whilst renting a villa? I mean I'm not talking stuff like dont have wild parties and dont leave the doors open when you go out, but I mean whats the very best way to leave the villa? Do we iron/wash towels, bed sheets etc?

Just generally what do villa owners hope for their guests to do

2. Dawn

Dawn carpe diem-ing Forum Host

Last year we rented for the first time so had this dilemma. Our villa owners had a folder in the property showing how to work all the appliances and what to do on departure day - that was really useful.

We had to strip beds and put the first load of sheets on to wash. Then we were asked to leave the rest of the dirty sheets and towels on the floor by the machine. We had to empty the lanai fridge and switch it off. That was about it. We had a bit of a clean around in the bathrooms and a general tidy up. Oh and we had to make sure the trash was bagged up too.

3. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

Apart from obviously ensuring that the place is locked up before you leave [switching on the burglar alarm if applicable], that just about covers it.

4. Claire

Claire She lost the crayons!

Same with us. I think we just made sure there were no dirty dishes, made sure the dishwasher was empty etc. All beds stripped, towels in front of washing machine and machine on with one load. I might have gone round the kitchen with a brush just before leaving. I have to say I can't understand why people clean the villa from top to bottom before departure. Isn't that done by the management comp before the next guests arrive?

5. Cinderella94

Cinderella94 Earning my ears

thanks everyone

The villa is from a friend who is letting us stay there free so we're going to get some gifts as a thank you but wanted to make sure they were very happy with how we left it and make completely sure they didnt have to pay anything to reset it for the next people if that makes sense

if we were renting from a travel company it'd be a different matter

6. arkvilla

arkvilla Addicted to Mickey

We have a welcome folder and all info is in it with regards to the day you depart but you guys have it all covered and I'd be happy for any of you to stay in our home.

Sandra

7. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Serious Forum Regular

Oh no that's just reminded me :unsure:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2011
  8. Britchick

Britchick Serious Forum Regular

No wild parties? That's no fun :unsure: