1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

whats the food like at the disney hoop dee doo at fort wilderness?

Discussion in 'Restaurants, Dining, Dining Plans' started by DisneyAddict, May 24, 2011.

1. DisneyAddict

DisneyAddict Imagineer

Hi there yep Im still trying to decide which dinner shows to go to and wondered what the food was like at disney hoop dee doo and the luau.

Has anyone been to both and could tell me about the food options?

2. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

Sorry, I haven't been to either, but am considering the luau this year.

Our resident expert on both venues, Keith :D will be along soon and if he will be able to answer :yes:

3. DisneyFreak

DisneyFreak Serious Forum Regular

The food at Hoop Dee Doo Musical Revue is excellent. Was just there on Mother's Day and can say the food is still as good as it's always been. Pork Ribs, Fried Chicken, Baked Beans, Salad, Bread, veggie dish and Strawberry Shortcake!! YUM!!:thumbsup:

Haven't been to the Luau in over 10 years so I can't comment recently on the food. It looks like the menu hasn't changed all that much over the years. Last time we were there though the food was very good but I think it is better at HDDMR.

Both shows at top notch but again I think the HDDMR is better.

4. Wendy

I'd love to go to Hoop Dee Doo but I'm a bit worried about the audience interaction :unsure: the food sounds good though. Chris will probably think it is completely corny but I think it would be good :)

5. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

Chris wouldn't like it, they don't have French Fries. :taunt: You don't have to get caught up in the audience interaction Wendy. BTW for everyone else, the food is also all you can eat along with unlimited beer, wine, soft drinks, coffee and tea.

6. lisaw

lisaw Serious Forum Regular

Wendy - I hate audience participation but I love the Hoop de Doo, as long as you don't admit to it being an anniversary (they make you stand up and dance! :eek:) or a birthday they leave you alone. They sometimes will say Hi as they go past your table but really that is it. When they come into the audience to choose people to play the parts on stage at the end of the show (and you have to fit the part of the characters they need anyway) they discreetly come and ask so it would be very easy to say no. :)

7. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

Oh I love both these shows :D

The hoop dee doo is the better show and the better food too. It's been going since 1974 so they've had quite some practice! :lol: Hoop has always been seen by the actors as an improvisation show rather than a strict script and this can make for some very funny scenes :lol:

The food has changed over the years. The corn was once off the cob, then on the cob, then went altogether. There's now a vegetable plate. The bread is now more like a cake and they've stopped putting water on the table :/ The wine has changed from beringer white zinfandel to some awful rose blend although the white chardonnay is just about still drinkable.
    The beans are now cowboy beans but the chicken and ribs are essentially unchanged. The mash is nice if you get to it whilst it's hot.

The audience participation is light and easily avoidable for the most part. Even I don't mind it too much :lol:

8. DisneyFreak

DisneyFreak Serious Forum Regular

I was just there a couple weeks ago and I had already forgot about the mashed potatoes. Must have had too much Sangria. :bigwine:

9. Wendy

:lol: :lol: Chris said he's really not that bad, I make him sound awful :lol:

I think he's forgotten that you've seen first hand what he eats :D he says he does eat other things besides fries :lol:

Thank you Lisa and Keith, I think we might just go this year :)