1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Whats the virgin vroom like?

Discussion in 'Transportation & Travel' started by keith, Jan 2, 2011.

1. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

We haven't had a vroom in Manchester before but apparently one is coming this June!

Now, I've fallen out of love with the escape lounge (snotty staff and failure to honour airport angel prebookings) but to be honest, none of the manchester lounges I've tried have been excellent.

I've heard there may even be, SHOCK, *hot food* in the vrooms??

No idea if I can use my frequent virgin club membership to get in free or discounted or what, but tempted to try it! what can I expect assuming it's similar to the ones down south?

2. lisaw

lisaw Serious Forum Regular

We loved it - we got it for free and have it again for free this year but I would have paid the £60 odd it would cost for the four of us.

There is an area for adults only that is separated by a screen only from the main area although I don't remember it being especially noisy. The adult area had computers with internet and a bar.

The main area was where the food was served from - hot bacon, sausage baguette/rolls, pastries, fruit, muffins etc, tea, coffee, juices - all really good.

There is a room with playstations, table football etc for older kids and I think a soft play area for younger children.

We were there in August (2009) and there was plenty of room, we didn't have to fight for tables and we had room to spread out.
    The staff were all very friendly and helpful and its clean and spacious! :yes:

3. keith

oh WOW that sounds awesome! so much better than the other ones we have at Manchester at the moment!

Is it a hot item to book, I mean does it book up relatively quickly or is it not really a worry?

4. lisaw

lisaw Serious Forum Regular

I don't know but Gatwick is only available for Virgin Holidays customers flying to Florida or the Carribean - it didn't seem too busy when we were there but it was fairly new then.

5. keith

Im sure the Manchester one will be the same so yeah I see what you mean, the total amount of people is probably fairly predictable. There again, a whole 747 would fill it up :lol:

6. Skywatcher

Skywatcher Chief Astronomer

We were told we could only get in if we'd booked the whole trip with virgin holidays as it was owned by them and not VA

7. Kate

Kate Serious Forum Regular

I have never used the vroom, but i dont think it would be worth us doing it. This year we stayed at the hilton and did twilight check-in. By the time we got to the airport in the morning and had breakfast at Frankie and Benny's it was time to go to the departure lounge anyway - it was surprising just how quick the time went

8. keith

yep I think I've read that too which'll be ok for the december trip because that would be VH all the way

Bit weird though I admit, you'd think VA and VH would have an arrangement. Same with the downtown disney checkin, free for VH $10 a head for VA! ok not the end of the world but just a bit sighsome

9. MystikPiglit

MystikPiglit Peace, Love and Mickey Mouse

When we used it in Sept 2009, it was only for VH passengers and had a limited capacity so that it wouldn't get too busy. (I don't know if it's still the same.)
    The adults only side was virtually empy while we were there and there wasn't any noise coming from the family side.
    We thought it was excellent value for money. :thumbsup:

Attached Files:

10. keith

ooo great thanks for the photo! That sounds excellent!!!

11. robertcraig

robertcraig Serious Forum Regular

Airdrie, North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    I use the SKY LOUNGE at GLASGOW and find it very good especialy with a 4 hour delay last year and also my premium ticket alows me free acess to LOUNGE at SANDFORD