1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

whats to see at the Kennedy space centre?

Discussion in 'Other Florida Parks and Attractions' started by DisneyAddict, Mar 1, 2011.

1. DisneyAddict

DisneyAddict Imagineer

What is there for a family to do at Kennedy space centre these days? Im wondering if its worth spending money to get there

2. robertcraig

robertcraig Serious Forum Regular

Airdrie, North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    I went there last year and if you are interested in space it is amust.I find half a day was enough

3. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

Actually I reckon it`s worth spending a whole day there IMHO.
    When you get there you can take a tour bus [at your allocated time] which takes you all around the complex with stops here and there.
    The Imex movie [shot by the Shuttle astronauts] is a must and again this is pre booked as you enter KSC.
    Apart from that, there are loads of exhibits including a complete Saturn V rocket as used in the Apollo missions, not to mention the loads of other rockets in the grounds and other exhibits.
    I understand that there is also a Shuttle simulator which I must try one day.

If you and your family are remotely interested in space exploration then KSC is well worth a day out.
    I spent a full day there a few years ago when I did an Astronaut Training Course which was just amazing.

4. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert