1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

When a Dog Is More Than a Dog at Walt Disney World Resort

Discussion in 'Restaurants, Dining, Dining Plans' started by Wendy, Feb 28, 2012.

1. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

This year, the trend seems to be for designer dogs – way beyond the old-fashioned frankfurter with a splash of mustard and ketchup.

Here are some of our favorite finds – have you tried any of these meals in a bun?

mac-and-cheese.jpg
    Mac 'n Cheese​

At Fairfax Fare at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, check out the dog topped with mac ‘n cheese and a drizzle of truffle oil. Or the one with barbecued pork and slaw (a version is also served at Downtown Disney Marketplace). Maybe you’ll order the burrito dog with lettuce, tomato, cheddar, jalapeños and sour cream.

BBQ-pork-and-slaw.jpg
    BBQ Pork and Slaw

burrito-dog.jpg
    Burrito Dog ​

In Magic Kingdom Park, Casey’s Corner on Main Street, U.S.A., serves the classic Chicago-style dog topped with tomato slices, dill pickle, relish and banana peppers. The popular eatery has its version of the ‘cue dog with pulled pork, slaw and barbecue sauce. And we still love their chili dog with a flourish of cheddar.

cue-dog.jpg
    Cue Dog​

Over in Tomorrowland at the Lunching Pad, order a Philly cheese steak hot dog topped with beef, onions, peppers and cheese sauce. Or the taco dog with ground beef, lettuce, cheese, salsa and sour cream. (A similar version is over at Downtown Disney Marketplace snack locations.) Nearby, Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Cafe brings us a deluxe chili-cheese with crispy onion straws on top.

taco-dog.jpg
    Taco Dog

philly-cheese.jpg
    Philly Cheese Steak​

You can splash ‘n burn (calories) after downing the tropic dog at Blizzard Beach, with spicy banana peppers, tomatoes and onions, or the pretzel dog stuffed inside a chewy pretzel bun.

tropic-dog.jpg
    Tropic Dog​

2. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

Coleslaw on a hot dog (or a bbq sandwich) is a BIG thing here in the south. I haven't had bbq AND coleslaw on a hot dog though. Too much. I'm pretty traditional in my hot dog eating. Actually, I prefer the weiner to be charred pretty black on a grill and usually eat it just by itself :thumbsup:

The Chicago dog's neon colored relish scares me!

3. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

Hey Keith, is this the type of dog that you were looking for? :lol:

4. foreverducky

foreverducky Addicted to Mickey

Hmmm, those seems like other sandwiches with dogs just added, instead of the other way around.

I like mine pretty plain too. Just the dog and bun, maybe a little ketchup. :D