1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

When did you Realise You Were a Walt Disney World Addict

Discussion in 'General' started by Wendy, May 29, 2012.

1. Shellyamc

Shellyamc Serious Forum Regular

My Parents went on their honeymoon, so I remember seeing pictures and seeing the parades and shows on tv growing up. I always wanted to go, but we were never able to. When Dh and I got married I had actually won a trip to Hawaii, but Dh knew that I had always wished for a trip to Disney, so he told me to book it. Once I saw that Castle I knew that little girl's dream had come true! I was finally there!! We have been 3 times since and I love it more each time. This last trip was even more special to us as I took my Parents (for the first time since their honeymoon), and we had Marc and Katelyn for the first time!! Now we plan on booking in November for November 2013 for Anthony's first trip and I am so excited!

I always loved Disney, but I guess you could say I've been an addict since 2000 :wiggle:

2. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

When we went on our first trip to Florida I wasn't a member of any online forum etc and hadn't done much research. I expected WDW to be like Alton Towers with Disney characters wandering aound waving to folk.

Boy was I wrong!!! We were so overwhelmed on our first day there, both DH and myself were in tears most of the day. And, when we had to leave to come home I cried. Totally hooked :yes:

3. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Serious Forum Regular

Ooh there is Ripleys believe it or not down there, that's a goodun for a rainy day to do and that upside down building for a one off and photo opportunity. Plus Tony Roma's.... mmmmmnnn nom nom... Ooh and Ron Johns Surf shop is waaaaaaay down there which we like, they have great HUGE beach towels.

4. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Serious Forum Regular

Yep got to agree with you there.... it's even the plane ride too for us and the airport experience... well not the airport experience so much but you know what I mean lolololo!

5. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

:lol: Yeah I know but I've never even thought about going to Ripleys or the other places :lol: I did like it in the old days when the Mercado was there :yes: it just seems to have changed so much now :sigh:

See you mention Ron Johns Surf Shop and I automatically think of the beach :lol: :wink:

Seriously though I know it is very popular, but for me, of all the places we have been in Florida, I just don't feel "safe" in International Drive :shrug: it's just not for me.

6. catrancher

catrancher Assistant Cruise Director Forum Host

Ohh... onion loaf! :thumbsup: :mental:

Tom :)macwave:... food motivated...)

7. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

:lol:

8. Watchinherskip

Watchinherskip Better known as "That Guy"

For me, it started before Disney. My mom took me to the 1964 World's Fair in NY. I was about 7 at the time. The place was so extremely different than my normal life in a small northeastern Pennyslvania town that I was in mourning...no kidding...after we left. I would sit and just drift into memories of the Carousel of Progress, walking through the Coke Cola exhibit (fishing village, Alpine village, hot jungle with waterfalls, etc), Ford ride (1964 mustang convertibles going back into the age of dinosaurs), the futurastic General Motors ride to colonies on other planets, and of course IASW!!

So of course when I got a chance to get back (1987) to something of similar scope...that was it.:surrender:

9. catrancher

catrancher Assistant Cruise Director Forum Host

Arrrrrgghhhhh.... :mental:

I was there too! Only I was about 7 years older than you. Too cool!

Tom :)macwave:... Flushing Meadows...)

10. Watchinherskip

Watchinherskip Better known as "That Guy"

I know Tom, mi old amigo! That was the start of it I guess.

11. Sam

Sam Imagineer

For me too. I love the planning and the whole build up. I too also think that it's not just WDW it's all the parks and the whole experience, especially seeing the kids faces (and my dad's who is the biggest kid of us all). Saying that when we walk through the entrance to MK and see the Castle my heart flutters.

My DH knows me so well, he did say before we went to Florida the first time that it is dangerous taking me to WDW as I would want to go back again. How right he was.