1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

when do I need ID in disney?

Discussion in 'General' started by goofygal, Oct 12, 2008.

1. goofygal

goofygal Imagineer

friends have told me to carry my passport at all times but I realy dont want to lose it so when will I need it? will it just be when changing travellers checks?

2. Taja

Taja Earning my ears

I think I've been asked for ID when checking in and perhaps one or two other times at WDW. That's not all of Orlando, strictly WDW.

It's a good idea to carry photo ID at all times. If you don't have a driver's license with a photo, obtain a government issued photo ID to eliminate carrying your passport. I'm thinking Keith does this.

I have both an Arizona ID and a driver's license, which totally confounded the issuing office. They couldn't see any reason to have both! But I prefer not using my driver's license for ID when traveling.

3. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

It's very random in Orlando. However, when we went to Disneyland they asked to see my ID every time I used my credit card (which is signed). You should always be asked for id when using travellers checks though.

4. Taja

Taja Earning my ears

You'll also need ID if you're picking up will-call tickets. Not something all of us do, so I completely forgot about it.

5. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

Oh yes. I always carry my ID with me, it's the law here so I don't even think about it.

6. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

In a lot of cases if you look under the age of 30 you will also be asked to produce an ID to buy alcohol. And that is even though the age limit is 21.

7. lisaw

lisaw Serious Forum Regular

I have been asked for ID when using TC's to pay for a fairly large :oops: purchase at Michael's craft store. Don't ever remember being asked onsite. I always carry my driving licence just in case.