1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

When IS the california grill going to reopen for bookings :(

Discussion in 'Restaurants, Dining, Dining Plans' started by keith, Jul 13, 2013.

1. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

Im getting bored waiting for bookings to be accepted for the california grill. When they had that little glitch which allowed a narrow window of bookings I really thought we were close, but still nothing!

I'm kinda getting worried that this is going to be another be our guest situation and I'll wake up one morning to find I can't get a reservation at all for December :/ (I wish they'd take it off the dining plan, that'd probably help!)

2. Vikki

Vikki Serious Forum Regular

I read somewhere the provisional opening date is August 24th. I really hope so as that's our wedding anniversary and we really wanted to go there. I'll be checking daily with concierge whilst we're there

3. Beccaberry

Beccaberry She's beccalicious! Forum Host

Just here to commiserate...

I, too, was hoping to be able to book a table for our next trip. Keeping my fingers crossed, but not holding out much hope.

4. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

I haven't seen anything official, it just rumours being started by other forums that are doing the rounds. I would be happily surprised if it is open for August. My feeling is that it will be open in time for Thanksgiving :sigh:

5. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Well to add to the rumor mill, I asked a "little mouse" if s/he knew anything and this was the reply,"When it opens it's going to do so without announcement, a soft open. There are no reservations being taken, so when it does open, you'll have a chance to get a reservation if you act quickly. Inside rumor puts the opening at the end of August, but it might not be until September." There is NOTHING official yet, and if the little mouse is correct, the "official notice" will be via a soft opening.

6. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

I like the sound of a soft opening, can the little mouse tell them to hurry up and arrange it for the 3rd September :wink: :D

7. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

I'll convey the message. :D